Winter Mods

trumpetdude
This post is 4613 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It wintered all over me from Glasgow to Edinburgh today!

So, been thinking about comfying up my Divvy a bit and ensuring it survives the winter as I plan to use it as much as possible.

Here's what I'm wanting..

1) Crash Bars, tempting fate maybe, but they do the job.

2) Heated grips - essential hand mod!

3) Extra lights - not sure about this but I'll probably be doing a lot of night riding. Main lamp on the DIvvy N is good but I could probably do with more. Thinking about something like this....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280525212643&category=25628&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has done this (I get the real impression that unless it's a cruiser or GS this is really uncool) how they got on with the wiring.

Cheers peeps, how the hell did we get from spring to Autumn so damn quickley!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

i have heated bar pads on my dt 230 i use for gren laning,got them off ebay,from china,about £4 delivered,simple to wire,they are a kind of laminated pad with a heating element,you simply wrap it around your bars and fit original grips over the top.had three sets of these on different bikes,no problems yet.

higher watt-age headlight bulb so its brighter i used to have a 23w or a 30w on my aerox i upgraded it to a 50w

higher watt-age headlight bulb so its brighter i used to have a 23w or a 30w on my aerox i upgraded it to a 50w

Think the Divvy's a standard 55/60W anyway, but not all bulbs are equal - I've heard good things about these: Hellfraud's Extreme Brilliance. Bit pricey, but some of the guys over at the NTV Forum say they're a vast improvement over the original weedy H*nda item - could be good for the Divvy as well?

I get the real impression that unless it's a cruiser or GS this is really uncool

Lies. Absolute lies.

The new Honda Deauville (the 700 one) has some very groovy fog light accessories that fit to the lower front fairing.

I say do it!!

Crash bars are a good idea, I picked mine up cheap from the clearance section of an internet shop and not only do they look good and protect your engine and whirlybits if you ditch the bike but I think they offer a bit more protection for your feet\ankles if some muppet was to bump into you whilst filtering

Grips are also good and make a fair bit of difference, use with handlebar muffs for best effect, I have mine wired into a relay which picks up the field current from the alternator (bassically they won't work unless the engine is running)

Lights are personal preferance tbh, I think more about being seen

All good points folks, I'm considering going to a better 'blue' bulb, used the phillips ones in my cars for ages, always been a marked improvement. I've had quite a few late night rides recently (midnight / 1am) and the main lamp ain't tht bad so I'll hang on the extra lights for now. I think, rapidly climbing to the top of my list is 1 piece rain suit, I'm getting rather fed up with soggy pants... money and time willing I'll get a set of heated grips.

I managed to pick up a set of the mini bars for the divvy's engine 2nd hand. Bloke selling them said they had a we scuff on the left one... didn't get a picture before hand :shakeno: . The left one looks like is came off a stunt bike, still better than nothing.

Looking for to my first real winter of riding, hoping that only ice and snow will stop me!