Basket case FZR 1000 (1990)

SPARTACUS
This post is 4603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, many moons ago i cut my teeth on an 88 genisis thou, it has always had a special place in my bike memories, and last week the gods of two wheels saw fit to put a 1990 fzr 1000 in my path for the sum of 300 sheets. I kind of knew we were destined to spend a long time in the shed together from the phone call, but she's now in my van,in more pieces than i can count along with a new akropovic race can as the pipes are more than a little shagged. I work away from home most of the time so this is going to be a long rebuild it's gonna need a lot of time and lovin to get this bike back to the brute it once was but i'm meticulous and determined and can't wait to start.the reason i'm on here is to find other guys n'girls who have or have had fzr thou's of the same sort of age to seek advice and help, when it all goes wrong and i need a hug and some kind words, or a bigger hammer.

if you fit the bill give me a reply and i'll be back to pick your brains in those dark days to come.

Cheers in anticipa..................

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online