XS400 Flat tracker

drewpy
This post is 3293 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

its like a huge cast iron C with a roller on the ends of the C and you pass the pounded panels back and forth to smooth out the craters from hammering.

english_wheel%203.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats a cracking job mate, what you use? sand bag and mallet?

Thats a cracking job mate, what you use? sand bag and mallet?

I made a negative buck out of 1" ply (ie an oval hole) and carefully bashed in the alloy with shot peen hammer making sure it didn't split. finished off with a rubber mallet to smooth it off

I made a negative buck out of 1" ply (ie an oval hole) and carefully bashed in the alloy with shot peen hammer making sure it didn't split. finished off with a rubber mallet to smooth it off

I thought yer mrs had just whacked you over the head with it :biglaugha:

• 1 year later...

took her out of hibernation today, fired right up after 3 kicks :)

• Like 2

Woohoo! Such a cool bike, and a great day for its first run of the year.

• Like 1

Not only looks good drewps it sounds great!! The amount of cups of coffee I have knocked over when I hear it coming down the road and have rushed to the window coffee flying everywhere but well worth the look.....

• Like 2

Not only looks good drewps it sounds great!! The amount of cups of coffee I have knocked over when I hear it coming down the road and have rushed to the window coffee flying everywhere but well worth the look.....

ha ha, I'll stop next time I come past. ;)

When is the mot Drew? could we do a run out next sunday if your up to it :jossun:

I'm going to get insurance first, but It'll have to wait till April (see "I'm in the doghouse" thread)