re xt660 bad clunk more detail

mikejay
This post is 4623 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi did not expect response so quick thanks

i have change front and rear wheel bearings /seals/ brake pads/cush drives/bearing and seal in sprocket carrier and tyres as per normal service oil change adjusted clutch bottom of cable and top

the free play is with the bike in gear and rear wheel off the ground with the chain adjusted as per spec

when you turn the rear wheel back and forward there is about on link on the chain of movement before the wheel locks up the small sprocket is tight on the shaft as the lock nut and shaft move at the same time so the free play seems to be internal i am on holiday from monday so might not have time to strip it for a week

ps i i pull the clutch in then put in gear it gives out a loud thud but if i hold the clutch in for 10 secs

then put in gear it is quiet i is not clutch drag but in the 10 secs it seems to take up the free play

it can also be rough when riding

thanks again

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

And your question is ??

Sounds normal enough to me !!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online