European Travel

kev4955
This post is 7040 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thinking of traveling to corfu (via venice) in sept this year, anyone got any tips or good places to stay en route they know of, my first time in Europe so all help gratefully accepted.

kev4955

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thinking of traveling to corfu (via venice) in sept this year, anyone got any tips or good places to stay en route they know of, my first time in Europe so all help gratefully accepted.

kev4955

Take your waterproofs - Venice wet this time of year. Then again Venice wet all year round ;):rolleyes::mellow::huh:

I take it you are riding or driving ?????.

The bigest tip i can give is make sure you have TWO credit cards !.

Also for touring get a gps, ive got a garmin streetpilot 2.

Its fine on a bike because its waterproof, they used these on "the long way round ".

Also take some self sealing tire slime, clean pants, and the number one item should be a little form that you get from the post office that entitles you to healthcare if the worst should happen ,PLUS a seperate travel insurance !.

Have fun

sorry mr beetle, nice idea, but i will have the new wife on the back of the bike, saves striking out when you take your own totty

• Admin

Kavos is a shit hole! Lots of girlies though. Definatly get proper travel insurance with unlimited medical care, not sure if your E1/11 covers you in cyprus, but worth asking at your post office.

How remote will you be from places? If your going to be a long way away from civilisation use plain water in your rad incase you need to drink it, and make sure you have sealant in your tyres, and of course give you bike a proper check over before you go and if anything looks iffy change it now!

Yep and take twice as much money as you think you need!