Edinburgh to Carlisle(ish)

This post is 4609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks,

Had the Divvy since April and put almost 2000 miles on it. I know that's not loads but hey, you gota start somewhere! So I'm actually going from Prestonpans to Eastriggs. I've got to be a bit boring on the way down; A702, M74, a couple of wee back roads form junction 20 and then Eastriggs but I'm thinking of coming back up the A7 and cutting over to the A68.

Not the longest or most exciting ride but it'll be my furthest to date. If anyone is out and about I'll be on the road from about lunch time.... and so far the weather looks good! B)

p.s. hoping to do it on 1 tank of fuel! :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If ya say when your going then peops might know :P

About 2 hour ride is it ?

One tank of fuel,,,,,,,,,, no probs

Enjoy it !;)

OK, so I'm a bit late (story of my life these days!), but,,,,

Forget the M74, it's boring boring boring and there are alternatives;

<heading south>

From J11, Lesmahagow, (north of that is a little, 'towny') there is the B7078 that runs along side the M74 down to Abington.

From Abington the A702 to J14,

From J14 there is the B7076 that runs along side the M74 all the way to Gretna.

The B7076 is a great road and takes in a few small villages and is a much nicer ride, adding maybe 10 or 15 minutes to the motorway run. There is very little traffic.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, cheers for the posts. The ride was pretty cool, if a bit soggy to begin with, M74 dried me off a treat! I had to take the motorway on the way down due to time constraints and I'd planned to come back up the A7 but as luck would have it everything ran late, still, the bike went like a dream - returned around 64mpg. Easy on 1 tank of fuel.

I'll check out that B7076 as I'm doing the same run on Thursday, again, quick down but I should have more time on the way back up. Cheers Folks...

I should be on the road by about 9am. A1 - A720 - M74 (to J20) - then B roads into Eastriggs... returning at around 12.. hopefully the B7076!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online