Hi everybody

fourduce1
This post is 4629 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just bought a used 1988 Yamaha Virago 1100. Have put on about 60 miles and it seems to be running just fine. I was a little hesitant buying the bike as I am 68 years old. My last bike was a Triumph 750 (about 45 years ago. I live in Plymouth, MA, USA and am looking forward to riding again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just bought a used 1988 Yamaha Virago 1100. Have put on about 60 miles and it seems to be running just fine. I was a little hesitant buying the bike as I am 68 years old. My last bike was a Triumph 750 (about 45 years ago. I live in Plymouth, MA, USA and am looking forward to riding again.

Hi, and welcome to the forum fourduce,

Welcome to the YOC, nice to hear that I am not the only "old fart" still riding, grey hair don't mean you can't go fast it just means that when you fall off it hurts more and you feel a complete dick. Ride safe. :D

Hi, and welcome to the forum fourduce,

Thanks Nev

Welcome to the nuthoose Fourduce :huh: -nice intro

Thanks barkwindjammer

Welcome to the YOC, nice to hear that I am not the only "old fart" still riding, grey hair don't mean you can't go fast it just means that when you fall off it hurts more and you feel a complete dick. Ride safe. :D

Hey, thanks MRR / Keep the rubber side down.

welcome fourduce, i'm also a newbie on here, and glad to hear you got back in the saddle, riding is in the blood, once you have it you never lose it.......

welcome fourduce, i'm also a newbie on here, and glad to hear you got back in the saddle, riding is in the blood, once you have it you never lose it.......

You got that right. I spent a week on Martha's Vinyard (Cape Cod, USA) in July. I rented a 50 cc moped while there and that was it. 3 weeks later I came home with the Yamaha Virago 1100.