RS 100 First time project

gazward
This post is 4402 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have disconnected the rectifier but it still doing the same.

Wires were broken around the steering head before I took it apart but they all ok now.

I just can't see where the live wire is transferring to the chassis to make everything a continuous circuit

Thank you for advice will go and check again tho

gareth

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys I have gotten a multi meter, disconnected battery to charge it up and started checking wires. It seems as soon as I turn the ignition on the whole bike is connected to the live wire. i.e multimeter on red wire where battery connects and the other end will beep no matter what wire I put it on including the chassis. Anyone know where this troublesome earth could be? Could it be the ignition?

Any Ideas would be appreciated as I really don't want to be taking it all apart again to see if I can find it.

Or anyone local enough to pop in and lend a hand? I can promise tea and biscuits :)

Thank you in advance

Gareth

Not quite 'with' this statement gaz, what do you mean 'beep' multimeters dont beep on voltage settings...only continuity settings!

I was checking continuity of wires, and when i checked the red wire it went all the way to the ignition, but once ignition was on I could have one end of the meter on the red wire to the ignition and the other end to the frame of my bike and it still showed a continuous circuit.

I am wiring it up from haynes manual

Thank you

Gareth

Not had a new ignition but the ignition has been apart, is there more than 1 way to put it back together?

I always kept one wire of the meter on the red wire leading from the battery to the ignition and once ignition was turned it would make a continuous circuit everywhere on the bike.

Out it away now not much the wiser but a few stellas to the good lol maybe things will be clearer in the morning

Thank you for all your help

Not had a new ignition but the ignition has been apart, is there more than 1 way to put it back together?

I always kept one wire of the meter on the red wire leading from the battery to the ignition and once ignition was turned it would make a continuous circuit everywhere on the bike.

Out it away now not much the wiser but a few stellas to the good lol maybe things will be clearer in the morning

Thank you for all your help

so all was well and since you had the ignition switch apart you have problems...is this right?

There was a big break in the wires so it never worked well.

Just trying to find this phantom earth and looking at all options

Thanks Gareth

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online