DT125X Reeds and carb jets

Dog22
This post is 4612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, ive got a DT125X, ive done the wire behind the speedo, and got a full dep exhaust pipe, and took the snorkel off the air box under the seat. All together they have made it considerably quicker! :D I've heard, it's then good to change the jets to bigger ones. Any idea of what's the best size to go for? And also the reed valve. I'm not fully up to speed with reed valves, i've never had one in my hands to look at. Any advice on whick is the best ones to get and where from? Thank you people, and god bless this forum for being full of genius'! lol :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Here is the standard reed and cage

102_1478.jpg

I fitted boyessen 2 stage reeds to mine

BoyesenReed.jpg

Here is the standard inlet manifold

102_1480.jpg

Lots of people are led (wrongly) down the path of chopping off all the rubber moulding that enters the reed cage, myself I just chopped some off and left some on as it is used to direct the fuel air cleanly to the reeds...this is what I did

102_1482.jpg

as for main jet...it would be wise to jet 10 points higher, for example from 240 to 250

Do you know that if this forum was "The Matrix" then OG would truly be the Oracle :lol:

Hey, ive got a DT125X, ive done the wire behind the speedo, and got a full dep exhaust pipe, and took the snorkel off the air box under the seat. All together they have made it considerably quicker! :D I've heard, it's then good to change the jets to bigger ones. Any idea of what's the best size to go for? And also the reed valve. I'm not fully up to speed with reed valves, i've never had one in my hands to look at. Any advice on whick is the best ones to get and where from? Thank you people, and god bless this forum for being full of genius'! lol :D

hi

i had the same set up on mine and was running a 260 main jet,boyesen reeds,ran great with no problems.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online