yamaha dt 125 2003

dpreece
This post is 4630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi can any one help me ive got a dt 125 i had gunk in my rad so i changed the head gasket and everything was fine. now after a week or so i have to keep topping up the water up and i got gunk in the rad again. and i havent got a clue why this is happening

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi can any one help me ive got a dt 125 i had gunk in my rad so i changed the head gasket and everything was fine. now after a week or so i have to keep topping up the water up and i got gunk in the rad again. and i havent got a clue why this is happening

what head gasket did you use...a black rubber coated one or a cheap copy all metal one?

it was a metal one.

They are utter rubbish, and it would be good practice to apply a thin smear of silicone (about 1/4" wide) around the bore circumference on both sides before fitting. I would do this even with the much better genuine yamaha ones also. If the head gasket is 'passing' you will see a few drips of water appearing on the floor around the left footrest area because the expansion tank overpressure relief is connected to the frame spar on the left.

with a very bad leak you will see bubbling in the expansion tank...almost as if it is boiling!

I got it off eBay the 1 gasket was like cardboard and the other 1 was metal. Any ideas wer to get a rubber 1 from because I'm just might strip it Down again

I've tryd looking for a rubber gasket but I can't seem to find one. I also spoke to my local garage and they reckon it might be my water pump seal gone because of the oily water in my rad does that make any sense to you??

I've tryd looking for a rubber gasket but I can't seem to find one. I also spoke to my local garage and they reckon it might be my water pump seal gone because of the oily water in my rad does that make any sense to you??

I just posted a link to one...ask, the very fact thats it's black suggests ita a rubber COATED one to me

as for water pump seal gone, this will give a milky appearance to the gearbox oil so dip it and see

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online