1992 Diversion 600s

topchum
This post is 4596 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. Can someone assist with some info. I have just bought a low mileage (21000) 1992 on a K 600s. Its a very good runner, and even the standard clutch rattle appears to be absent?? Anywho, my question is the oil light on the dash doesnt come on when the ignition is turned on. From memory, it may only be a oil level light but just need to confirm. Needless to say I rode it home tonight, over 20 miles, and its still running. Your help will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The oil light should come up when you turn the key on the position »ignition«. It will turn dark if there is enough oil - or if the sensor thinks that...

You can see the oil through the glass? Then there should be enough inside of your XJ 600.

Greetings, Martin

Hmmm. I don't think the light comes on when I switch on my Divvy... although mine is a bit later than yours (98 600N). Main thing is to keep an eye on the oil level through the sight glass. If you have a center stand check the level when it been up for a bit, in fact I usually check mine the day or before the next ride..

And congrats on not having any clutch rattle! Give it time :o)

When you turn the ignition on when the bike is in neutral. "THE ONLY LIGHT THAT SHOULD COME ON IS THE GREEN NEUTRAL LIGHT"

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online