My FZR1000 GENESIS

Battered
This post is 4272 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This my FZR1000.

As you can see, it's totally standard apart from braided hoses, polished frame, black screen, and some god awful shitty blue handlebar end weights. Which I removed and threw away. Oh yeah, he fitted mini inicators too.

They were only push in cheapos that the previous owner fitted, so weren't actually weights as such. There's no extra vibration through the bars though, but I can now get through smaller gaps!!

048c57d4.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers guys, I'm debating whether or not to put a race pipe on it. I love the sound of them, but I'm also loving the ability to open it up without every copper hearing it when I give it some.

Decisions, decisions........

Nice FZR! You could try a can with a removable baffle, loud pipes may save lives but they can attract a lot of unwarranted attention!

You can't put a can on a 1 piece exhaust. I know all about loud pipes, I've been riding 31 years. LOL.

Shit, my maths is worse than I thought!!

I started riding in 1976, so thats 35 years isn't it. PMSL.

Get the new can on it and set off some car alarms! I used to love that going through the centre of Kendal!!! Shouldn't have the damn things set on such a sensitive level

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Sadly, it did not look like this when i brought it, around 2000 miles later, 01-05-2012

Exhaust = rotted

disk pads = stuffed all round

fork seals = well leaking

tyres = knackered

rear suspension linkage = making bad noises

body panels = various cracks, scrapes, been droped on LHS with bits broken off screen and generally neglected

charging system = dead

overall = very run down

it is amazing how this bike was transformed in such a short period of time

brought as spares or repair

as found pictures here

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l506/StuartWags/

Very nice bike, my dad had one when i was little.

Id keep it stock personally, bit of a classic now.

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online