Insurance Questions

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, wondering if anyone can give me some advice on insurance,

At current i have a Hyosung XR125 which has fully comp insurance on a policy that has 2 years No Claims Bonus.

Recently i purchased a months insurnace ( Ebike Pay as you go) for my XJ600 as once it was restriced i could not wait to get on the road with it. For this i stated i had 0 No claims Bonus, as it was being used in another policy, and i got Third party cover.

The problem is, i parked my bike at asda and while i was inside it over . . there was thankfully no damage to my bike, but when it fell, it made a nice dent and scratch on someones car...

i did the decent thing and went and found the driver and explained what had happened and he said he would have to put it through insurance..

my question is, as my NCB was on another policy is it still safe ? i never made a claim as there was no damage to my bike, but as i said the car owner made a claim against my insuranc

help, i dont know the first thing about insurance, and as im only 18, my insurance is costly enough :(

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

so am i in any position to say to my insurer that it wasnt my fault ? also, what about my no claims ?

Well i think when you fill out an application form it ask if you have had any claims against a policy you held in the last 5 years or summat,your fault or not the claim went in and it is claim is how they look at it, full marks for being honest, but you can see why people do these things and bugger off,

Merv

god that is a scam . . if thats the case then why cant you put your no claims on more than one policy at a time ?

Your name doesn't appear in the 'New members section' Matthew

Your name doesn't appear in the 'New members section' Matthew

Oooops sorry. No more replies from me then.

sorry, DirtyDT and barkwindjammer . . .

i have introduced myself now,

hope i've not offended you's too much

I still have to tell some insurance companies of an accident I had in 2007 when a car reversed into my scooter at a red traffic light even though the other person admitted liability and his insurnce paid up in full...

will it go up much you recon ? im not liable for the damage, it was just one of lifes kicks in the bum

Morning Matthew

This "accident" will not affect your NCD earned on your other policy but you will have to declare it on each and every policy (whether car or bike) for "X" amount of years. Usually companies want to know about accidents for three years but some do ask for up to five years. If this is your first "fault" accident, then it should not affect any premium. I obviously say fault as it was your bike and the other vehicle was the innocent party so it's not a reflection of you or what happened!!

Scott

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online