Changing sprockets, chain and fork seals, 1st time!

Sir Bedevere
This post is 4616 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, my furst poast on this forum, I'm the proud owner of a Yamaha SR250. It needs a little TLC, and seems like a good bike to get to know how the mechanical side is put together. I've got other experience in car mechanics, and a little in bike mechanics, but i've not replaced a chain/sprocket set, or the fork seals and oil. So the obvious question is:

(1) does anyone have a manual for a 2002/2003 SR-250? Or know where i can find one?

Hopefully in the manual, of if someone knows, i'm after a couple of pieces of information:

(2) The volume of fork oil?

(3) The fork spring length and acceptable limits

(4) Distance of the fork cap to the triple clamp (i'm guessing i'll see where it is now, and replicate this).

I'll be getting parts through my local Yamaha dealer, bit of a dodgey story there with them skipping chain/sprockets on the road worthy and me not noticing. Oh well, i'll save on labour this way :)

More posts to follow i'm sure! Thanks for help in advance!

Cheers,

Sir B.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

intro fail

useful post fail

Haha, yeah i know not in the newbie section, but it's not what i'm after. Figured the mechanical stuff would be more appropriate here. Should this thread be moved to a different forum?

Actually i'm starting to see a bunch of "SR250" posts that go un-replied. Is this normal?

useful post fail

He mean's, he doesnt know you or anything about you, so why should he / we help you !!! Post info on yourself in the new members section.

The info you are after will be in your new manual, not many will know the answers off the top on there head.

:D

Saying hello and introducing yourself, generally gets you the kind of response you wanted. Steaming straight in with questions, generally doesn't.

Saying hello and introducing yourself, generally gets you the kind of response you wanted. Steaming straight in with questions, generally doesn't.

Know your forum:

These replies are not setting a good example for new members, i seriously doubt i'll check these pages again. Incidentally, the right thing has been posted here:

So relax and post something useful!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online