Will these tyres squeeze on??

Dean_DT
This post is 4622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got hold of some Dunlop GeoMax Enduro tyres, but need to know if they will fit! Front looks like it will be ok, rear im not too sure on, but think its probably possible running road pressures, off road im not so sure!

Front:

90/90 - 21

Rear:

140/80 - 18

Anyone have any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got hold of some Dunlop GeoMax Enduro tyres, but need to know if they will fit! Front looks like it will be ok, rear im not too sure on, but think its probably possible running road pressures, off road im not so sure!

Front:

90/90 - 21

Rear:

140/80 - 18

Anyone have any ideas?

Don't get dragged down the size route, off road its irrelivant. Nothing to go with contact area. A lot more to do with the block pattern and spacings. Will it self clean, have you the horsepower to spin it up. Just fit tyres the right size.

And the biggest issue mud. It will stop you rapidly if you have minimum clearance for the tyre, i used some on my DT that still left me with a good inch of clearance and got stuck on a climb because the mud jammed up the rear wheel. Your system is better as you haven't the sidebraces to help trap the 'mud'(animals use them trails too).

I rode the ridgeway on std bridgestone trailwings more than once, in the company of full MX shod enduro bikes. They were all amazed at where the little DT would go, in the end i just had a knobbly on the front and stayed with the bridgestone on the rear, (losing the fron hurts more) after trying a couple of different options, i found being able to spin the bo77ocks out of the rear far more usefull esp on climbs. Nice big fantail of mud and sh1te :D

Front

80/90 2.50/2.75

90/90 2.75/3.00

100/90 3.25/3.50

110/90 3.75/4.00

120/90 4.25/4.50

130/90 5.00/5.10

Rear

110/90 3.75/4.25

120/80 4.50/4.75

120/90 4.50/4.75

130/90 5.00/5.10

140/90 5.50/6.00

150/80 6.00/6.25

150/90 6.00/6.25

Here you go.....

is that height and width or width and height? and is that in inches?or cm?

can someone give me the basics as im really a confused noob to bike tyres :lol:

Modern tyres are sized using something called a P metric system, don't fully understand the title, anyways.

Tyres are sized thus

100/80/18

A Width of the tread area in mm.

B Pecentage of A as a representation of the height of the tyre. ie 100 divided by 80 in this instance

C Wheel diameter in inches

The oldfashioned sizes, :( being 2.75 18 for example.

This will be (a bad halfbreed of imperial and metric not withstanding) a two and three quarter inch wide tyre for an 18 inch rim. All the older tyre sizes are presumed to be 80% of the width for height. Hence only 2 numbers rather than 3.

Metric and imperial tyre sizes don't tally exactly but so you get the closest match within the limits of imperial sizes.

To confuse things further modern tyres can fit different rim widths, before i changed the rear wheel on my old suzuki to a bigger rim width i had a 150 tyre that would fit a 140 rim, so it wasn't pinched and worked properly.

Well that lot is my understanding, if i'm wrong i'm sure it will get shot to hell soon enough.HIH

The front tyre you have will fit but the back will not