O2 sensor eliminator and Cobra Fi2000

Kfc1404
This post is 4622 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I have an o2 sensor eliminator fitted at present on my XVS1300 Midnight Star and I am about to fit Cobra Fi2000, do I need to remove the eliminator?

Also if I fit a Baron Big Air Box with the Cobra, do I need to do anything with the carburation? and what about the eliminator?

Yours confused

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Graham,

I believe you can run the O2 mod, the Cobra FI and the Baron with no problems whatsoever. Midnight61 is better placed to suggest a setup on the Cobra

Good luck.

Graham

Hi Graham,

I believe you can run the O2 mod, the Cobra FI and the Baron with no problems whatsoever. Midnight61 is better placed to suggest a setup on the Cobra

Good luck.

Graham

Many thanks!

hi, as i see it, by all means keep the 02 eliminator on the bike, as long as you run the cobra fuel processor 'closed loop' as i do... the O2 eliminator will be totally ineffective if you run it 'open loop'

My set is very differemnt to yours, im running Cobra speedster shorts, cobra 'closed loop' fi, standard 02 sensor. k and n air filter and a drilled airbox...my cobra fi settings are factory settings .1.3.1, i never felt the need to alter them, it runs fine and returns over 50mpg

according to cobra, even with a BAK on the bike 1.3.1 should be good, although, all bikes are different and you may feel the need to adjust the cobra fi...or better still, once you've got it all installed, treat her to a dyno run to dial the fuelling in that way

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online