Bobber project

Haadyr
This post is 4652 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello !

I Have a Dragstar 125 and want to customize it bobber-style. And I`ve seen a few other who have done it.

So it would be great if somebody here who have done something similar or know enybody who has.

The hardest for me is to find parts that fit. And because I live in Norway there is not much stores/workshops here when it get to custom building of an 125cc.

So it would be great if someone could help me with finding parts like Drag bars, rear fender, lights,a new seat etc.

And please come with ideas and tips.

The bike

zvvq5x.jpg

Thanks !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi and welcome to the forum have you put a hello in the noob section? if not then id recommend you do :)

are you keeping the bike for a while? cause there is no point customizing it just to sell it on a couple of years later. (it costs to modify it, then you wont be able to sell it for a good price)

as for tips/ideas ..... :D ........get rid of the seat for something smaller! chop the rear fender mount off and put a close fit fender on there. dont get rid of your bars just tilt them forward till they point to the sky. B) that will give you a good start

iv made one myself ....and its probably mine you have seen (look for xvs bober 125 in the search bar to find my posts)

here is a couple of pics for you to get inspiration from :lol:

IMG0118A.jpg

IMG0117A.jpg

and dont forget the point of a bobber is to be bare minimal so less is more!

Hi mate and welcome I too had a 125 dragstar bobber but now have upgraded to a 650 dragstar, sadly most stuff you cant get so you will have to hand build a lot of it your self! As for drag bars I fitted a set of 7/8 bars from a Norton all you will have to get is a set of new risers to clear the tank.

Again you will need to get a new seat ad you will be sat up too high for your new bwrs but you can get all sorts on Ebay, just type in bobber seats and there your have it.

As for the rest of the bike I would say start by thinking what the end result you want to look like ad ALL bobbers look different so think about whwt style you want EG old school or new school, rat bike or a clean bike? SO many things you can do.

All the best mate

Keith

Thanks alot for sharing !

I`m keeping the bike for one more year at least. Next year I turn 18, so then I`m gonna take drivers license for car and mc(up to 600cc/34hp) and most likely buy a bigger bike.

Time is not a problem for me so I`m just looking forward to the project. And dont get fooled by my age, I got alot of experience although I`m only 17 :)

I`ve fitted it with BSM exhaust, but I dont start the chopping off the bike before I get the parts i need.

The style on the is probably gonna be like a clean old school look.

This bike looks awesome. I dont want to copy it but that rear fender looks so great

141plc1.jpg

Thank you again !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online