Charging Problems

95V
This post is 4650 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I hope this is the right place to put this ? I have a 95 Virago and the bike will start and run for a while and then it will only roll over slowly when tring to start again . I checked the voltage when running it starts about 12.25 at idle and when I take the r.p.m.s up to 2000 it jumps around from 12. to 14.75 and back it does not hold at any voltage ? I have a new gell battery in it and just had it in the shop they replaced the rect/reg and sent it back , but it is still doing the same thing so I took it back but wanted any help I can get. So I joined here and hope I am in the right spot for this post !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Charge the new battery with a charger if you haven't done so. New battery doesn't come fully charged.

Thanks Had to replace reg/rect battery is bad ! The shop put it on the tester and found it showed 12v. but only half it's amps now the battery dealer is givin me a hard time witch is nutz cause it has a warranty . Go figure !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online