pizzles dt125r

Pizzle--!!
This post is 4627 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey peeps

i thought it was about time i got my sorry behind in gear and put up a few pictures of my dt and show you all how my project has and is coming along

so ...

as it looked on purchase ..

dt125r1999172dep.jpg

firstly removing everything to have a look at the condition and a few minors but overall looked sound so my first problem was my dodgey head nut which had threaded the stud ( covering my leg in hot water :angry: )...

12062011060.jpg

( should of fully stripped that and powercoated the frame and swingarm n had the forks done bt ile get round to that )

12062011064001.jpg

enginehead.jpg

12062011063.jpg

(as you can see the chains still on :unsure: any1 kno any tricks to get the front sprocket off ive tried locking the backwheel using the gears aand back brake and combinations of the both or all to no avail and as i wanted / really need to upgear it this could be a nuisance)

eventually i had this sorted with the help of the machine shop at my old work

wer they kindly drilled n removed the stud after ide sheared it off trying to remove it using nuts as a friction lock (ending up accross the garage as a result) <_<

i then came to the problem on which i broke my yamaha forum virginity B)

15062011067prt2.jpg

my dodgy electrics and powervalve to which cynic and old G graciously offered there help and i managed to overcome this problem although my back light wont flash when the brakes are applied :( but thats all that rong now electrically speaking ...

anyways ..

:zzz: time as ive got work ile finish up tomorrow

Pizzle B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

(as you can see the chains still on :unsure: any1 kno any tricks to get the front sprocket off ive tried locking the backwheel using the gears aand back brake and combinations of the both or all to no avail and as i wanted / really need to upgear it this could be a nuisance)

Pizzle B)

Try a cordless impact/rattle gun, windy gun on the sprocket, should sort it aaaaaaaht ;)

Try a cordless impact/rattle gun, windy gun on the sprocket, should sort it aaaaaaaht ;)

sweet :) i thi8nk my old mans got an impact driver :S not sure if tht would have an attachment tht would fit :unsure:

Yeah in the past I have ridden my bike to a local tyre fitting bay to do that, of course I dont own a rattle gun but they do. They would usually oblige. ;)

yh old g ile probly end up down the tyre shop aswell then haha did you just get them to losen it off then redo it bak up so its easier when you're at home ?

n thanks guys much appriciated :lol::lol::lol:

..........yh old g ile probly end up down the tyre shop aswell then haha did you just get them to losen it off then redo it bak up so its easier when you're at home ?

Thats right pizzle, just have a ride down and ask them first, if they will oblige remove the cover and hey presto. yeah then have them just nip it up so you can get home

so... to pick up where ide left off .... :D

once the powervalve problem was sorted and it was running fine again ( well ish ;) ) i moved onto the look that i wanted to achieve ... ide looked about for hours checking and looking @ ideas from bike to bike and came up with a plan hehe ;)

so streetfighter supermoto it is

i addressed the rear end problem of the seat overhanging the fender <_< never liked the look of that so after cropping the plastics to follow the line of the frame

25062011070.jpg

and making a tail tidy of my own :D

28062011077.jpg

i then chopped the rear end down starting from the seat which i removed 3 inches from the back ..

30062011078.jpg

following this adjusted the lines of the rear fender and built up the panel as i wanted it to look using paper mashe as a base

11072011093.jpg

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/11072011091.jpg/]11072011091.jpg

next for the first layer of fibreglass

13072011096.jpg

then a quick sand down before then next layer was applied ( corners are a pain in the arse )

13072011097.jpg

14072011099.jpg

16072011104.jpg

16072011103.jpg

added a layer of resin and filler next

12072011095.jpg

another session of sanding and a final layer of fibreglass ment i was left with this ...

18072011104.jpg

18072011105.jpg

to which ive added a layer of white paint to show my high spots

23072011119.jpg

this will be attacked with a sander and then given another lick of paint to giv the desired finish for the inside of the mould :D

i also changed the lights as the front lights arent the most aesthetically pleasing ;)

after raiding my old mans old hotrod plastics i found a fibreglass panel remover from the boot so i stole it :P

cut it up and ended up with this

20072011112.jpg

next the brackets had to be fabricated so i used some old pieces of ply

22072011117.jpg

how it looks all together front on

22072011116.jpg

22072011115.jpg

soooo....

the end of a long winded explanation of what ive done to it the explaination probaly wasnt needed

but hey some one might have asked :)

ile upload some more once things move along :icon_cheesygrin:

Thats right pizzle, just have a ride down and ask them first, if they will oblige remove the cover and hey presto. yeah then have them just nip it up so you can get home

thas kool cheers man ile be doing tht @ the weekend B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online