Hein Gericke, paging Hein Gericke

barkwindjammer
This post is 4654 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After DirtyDT's extremely poor customer service from Hein Gericke, thats Hein Gericke, I see that there are some other people who are disappointed to have received poor and unhelpfull service from Hein Gericke, Hein Gericke gear is not a cheap low end merchandiser of any sort, their gear is of a very high quality and is reflected in Hein Gerickes pricing strategy, i.e. you get quality at a premium cost from Hein Gericke-try telling that to the staff at Hein Gericke,

here's an excerpt from the MCN, thats the Motorcycle news, the Motor Cycle News is a magazine, containing News about Motor Cycles-hence its name Motor Cycle News, or MCN for short, here they posted a letter about Hein Gericke and another example of poor customer service-the letter writer has vowed NEVER to buy from Hein Gericke again, a member of staff from Hein Gericke has posted a reply to the former customer (who will go and spend his hard earned elsewhere), read what they have to say about Hein Gericke in the Motor Cycle News (MCN)

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=396607

and here is the link about Hein Gericke and their poor customer service as experienced by one of our members

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I found that Hein Gericke sale article in MCN very interesting BWJ. Not at least because the guy who replied worked in the Nottingham store. The guys in there were friendly mind you I was looking to buy, not return.

If Hein Gericke are franchised then their head office is doing the stores a mis-justise as they are p'ing potential customers off via their Hein Gericke sale slogans. The customer has to contact Hein Gericke when the sale goods do not turn up only to find that they were not available in the Hein Gericke sale. Then they lie about getting your cash back. 2 weeks now since I paid and I still have not got my money back.

B4stards.

So in a Hein Gericke sort of way, the franchisees of Hein Gericke, thats Hein Gericke, the staff working at these franchisees of Hein Gericke are guilty of being lying b@astards, so as well as letting Hein Gericke themselves down, in a franchisee fail sort of way, they are also letting the wages paying customers of Hein Gericke, and their franchisee staff who might be good, honest and hard working-unlike the lying b@astard who works at the Heine Gericke franchise at *********** (soon to be named and shamed) down ?

I spoke to a famous friend I have about this disturbing lack of customer care, and the couldn't care less attitude from at least 2 franchisees (so far) at Hein Gericke

she said " I'm genewawwy fwabbergasted", "Hein Gericke fwanchises are letting Hein Gericke down, "Unless you know better"

EstherRantzen.jpg

Hein Gericke you say? cheers for the heads up lads, I was thinking of forking out a couple of hundred quid myself on some new clothing, if that's the kind of customer service you get from Hein Gericke, I shall to avoid Hein Gericke like the plague, ;)

Just read the MCN article. There's a new Get Geared store opened up next door to Hein Gericke in Leeds and a J&S accessories over the road so hopefully this may lead to better customer service however if not people will have plenty of choice. Personally I've never had an issue with Hein Gericke Leeds but I need to take a jacket back as the zip pull snapped today so will report on the service I get. Also, they do seem to permanantly sell their oil with free filters.

It just doesn't seem to make sense; IF the branch is a franchise, then the stock is their property and doing a one-off deal because of a mistake seems like no big deal. I can understand a policy that gives all frachisees a fair crack of the whip (and standard pricing does this). Regardless of what anyone thinks, the stock costs them very little wholesale (their buyers probably drive a very, very hard bargain) even for their own-brand product. Even if they had sold the gloves at the lower price, i bet they would be still making a very healthy profit.

I'va always found HG in Bristol a very unpredictable place. When i bought the Givi pannier racks in there (for my first XJ6- now fitted to XJ6 no.2), the manager said 'we will match the cheapest UK price you can find' and they did, even though i hunted around for the lowest of the low price. At other times i've found them to come off all snobby, if you aren't riding a £10k beemer or a brand new Fireblade, they look down at you like you don't know shit.

i'd love to see louis.de open some branches over here, as i think they'd scare the crap out of HG.

...................Personally I've never had an issue with Hein Gericke Leeds but I need to take a jacket back as the zip pull snapped today so will report on the service I get. Also, they do seem to permanantly sell their oil with free filters.

I will be interested to know how you get on.

I do have to say that the item I paid for in the Hein Gericke sale on the 11th that they couldn't supply, they have just refunded my money. This means that they have only held my cash for 2 full weeks since they new that that they were out of stock. <_<

I bought my AGV Ti-Tech lid in their sale a few years ago. Was even reasonably happy with the price.

But second time i wore it the protective anti-fog layer on the inside of the visor bubbled up & peeled off while i was riding. Was like riding in a total pea-soup fog, could see very little.

I rang the store & was told that it had reacted to whatever I'd cleaned it with & it was my fault.

I explained that i'd only worn it twice & hadn't cleaned it at all. No joy - they wouldnt stand over it or help.

Then approx a month later the plastic lever on top of the lid that opens/closes the vents broke off.

Again i rang the store, asked if it was covered under warranty.

Was informed that they'd have to send it away to AGV to get examined incase i'd dropped it or caused the damage myself.

But I was informed 'they would not accept liability for any damage caused in transit' plus they had no idea how long the process would take.

I wasnt keen on some monkey throwing my potentially life-saving lid about in minimal packaging, then it rattling about a van like a pinball, so decided just to live with the broken bit.

I havent been back to that franchise of HEIN GERICKE, thats HEIN GERICKE - though i have bought few bits from a different branch where i didnt have any trouble.

But in my opinion, HEIN GERICKE, thats HEIN GERICKE, need to keep more control of their franchisees & focus on customer service.

Rant over - sorry folks!!

P.S., wonder would it do any good if we forwarded this thread onto HG's customer service department (if there is one) ???

i completely agree i went to hein gericke for a new air filter before lincoln bikefest

i got a response of oh this ones about right so i got home put it on and bike wouldnt rev past 2000

so needless to say i went to take it back and they told me they couldnt take it back as it had been used

and im out and about tomorrow i might have to pass this on to HG Customer services ;)

I will be interested to know how you get on.

I do have to say that the item I paid for in the Hein Gericke sale on the 11th that they couldn't supply, they have just refunded my money. This means that they have only held my cash for 2 full weeks since they new that that they were out of stock. <_<

Glad you got your money back (eventually). I don't know how Hein Gericke process their on-line orders but perhaps you should write t their head office in Harrogate with some constructive feedback?

I went in today to Hein Gericke Leeds about the zip on the jacket. Told them it snapped when zipping up and he said one second and produced a bag of replacement zips and changed it there and then. He explained that the zips are made by Gortex (new 'lock-out' system) and they received a batch that were not so good. He then asked if I received a bottle of silicone oil which I said I thought I did, so he went and got one, put silicone oil on the zip and gave me the bottle. The new zip pull is much thicker than the previous one so am happy with it.

Can't say I could have asked for anything better really and got a free bottle of oil to boot. I think I will continue to shop in Hein Gericke but will be reluctant to buy anything through their website following your experience.

I don't think the Hein Gericke customer services will worry. They are happy to lie to a customer on the phone so why should an email phase them.

i completely agree i went to hein gericke for a new air filter before lincoln bikefest

i got a response of oh this ones about right so i got home put it on and bike wouldnt rev past 2000

so needless to say i went to take it back and they told me they couldnt take it back as it had been used

and im out and about tomorrow i might have to pass this on to HG Customer services ;)

Hein Gericke, thats Hein Gericke dont have an 'In-store' customer services as can clearly be seen by the 'Gerald Ratner' (google that name) type response to a 'within easy sweaty grasp reach' of a credit card transaction for £250, if I had an incompetent like **** ***** at the Hein Gericke branch in ******* ********* (soon to be named) working for me, and came across the 'Branch refund transaction sheet' my limited brainpower would immediately have conjured up an image of Trinity saying "you dont work here now"

34002-trinity_matrix.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online