Can anyone with engine bars on their XVS650 PLEASE help??!

Nickybwild
This post is 4630 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I have a set of 2nd hand engine bars for my XVS650 Custom, but I can't fit them as they did not come with bolts and the original bolts are too short! I need both the top and the bottom mounting bolts and can't find them anywhere!

Does ANYONE have any idea of how I can get hold of some longer ones? Or perhaps one of you lovely people know what bolt

Type/size/length I need to be looking for?

ANY help would be MUCH appreciated

Thanks in advance

Nicky

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

One of the bolts I need is one of the 2 that secure the footpeg bracket - but a longer version (by abouthalf an inch). And the other 2 I need are the 2 thinner, longer bolts which are located higher than the 2 footpeg ones

Does anyone know where I can find these or what size/type they are?

THANKS

Have you not got a shop that just sells nuts and bolts? we have a shop down here called wentin fastners that just sell nuts a bolts, if you take out the bolts you have on the bike and take them into the shop just ask them for longer ones. I need to get some soon for mine as changing the bolts on my bike to stainless steel so i could pick up some for you and send them up?

One of the bolts I need is one of the 2 that secure the footpeg bracket - but a longer version (by abouthalf an inch). And the other 2 I need are the 2 thinner, longer bolts which are located higher than the 2 footpeg ones

Does anyone know where I can find these or what size/type they are?

THANKS

Remove one of each of the bolts that currently occupy the fixing points for the bars.

Measure as accurately as you can the outside diamerter of the thread on the bolts. It is likely to be either 8mm, 10mm or 12mm diameter.

Measure the length from the underneath of the bolt head to the end of the thread, then add on the thickness of the lug on the bars where said bolts pass through the holes, plus another 4mm on each for washers

Find your nearest fastener supplier in yellow pages. Ask him for whatever measurements you have noted down in stainless steel, plus one flat washer and one spring washer for each bolt

If youre not sure about the outside diameter of the bolts, what size spanner fits them?

An 8mm bolt takes a 13mm af spanner, a 10mm bolt takes a 17mm spanner, and a 12mm bolt takes a19mm spanner

Thanks for the offer keith mate - helpful as always! ;) I've taken the bolts into 2 places so far and they couldn't help :(

Thanks for the help NSD - really useful info. Will measure up and have a little look ok eBay. If not, like Noise says, there HAS to be a bits and bolts shop somewhere! Breakers yard perhaps?? ;)

THANKS again guys

ANY motorcycle parts shop should be able to supply what you need.

If you can't find one locally, we have several here in Reading.

ANY shop that sells bike parts. Doesn't have to be a custom shop. One that sells normal bits like brake lines and oil filters will do.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online