where to find VIN number?

Dean_DT
This post is 4292 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Awesome, i might actually have one then :) haha will go take a look in a bit seeing as my mate never did :lol:

have to have a look for engine number too, hope they match eh!

Nice one, it's not the end of the world if they don't match,mind, but if they do, at least you are in the knowledge that its the original engine. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 11 months later...

sorry to hijack the thread, i have the same problem, i just bought a dt125lc with no paperwork. i have the frame 9 digit number on the forks,and the engine number.(which both match) but have been told i cannot find out anything without the reg??? how and where do i go about finding the reg?? and to check if its stolen? went to police station to try,cant do nothing....help!!

.(which both match) but have been told i cannot find out anything without the reg??

WHO told you ? do you have The V5 ? or are you seeking the V5 . you can M.O.T the bike on the V.I.N . Number,,

WHO told you ? do you have The V5 ? or are you seeking the V5 . you can M.O.T the bike on the V.I.N . Number,,

i dont have the v5 no..thats what im trying to get thanks..i was told by the police last night? and also looked on the net in a forum..so there is hope?

Paul Dawkins can help you get it registered :thumb:

that would be great, any chance of some contact details? in a pm if private..how much will it cost? any more details you could give me? thanks alot for ya help.. should have a thanks button after each answer..

Hi mate

The frame number may well be there, mask the surrounding areas and apply some nitromores to remove the power coat in that area, do not use any abrasives.

I should be able to find the chassis number by the reg number but there is a £10 fee so if you can find it yourself that the best way.

And if you do find this it may well be worth the £10 fee to see if it matches whats on record.

To apply for the v5 is easy when you have the numbers, you just send DVLA £25 and it takes a few weeks,

If your bike was registered before 1st August 1999 then you can get away without a visable chassis number for the MOT but you will need to resent the V5 when you get it.

I find DT frame numbers are usualy more visable than the RD numbers for some reason.

Tampered numbers should be reported to VOSA by the MOT inspector so no number is better than a tampered number.

DVLA do not check or use engine numbers for registration but the correct number should be listed on the V5.

Where do you live? if your local and im passing I would take a look or if your passing the MOT staion I work in I could take a look there, im in Hampshire

Hi mate

The frame number may well be there, mask the surrounding areas and apply some nitromores to remove the power coat in that area, do not use any abrasives.

I should be able to find the chassis number by the reg number but there is a £10 fee so if you can find it yourself that the best way.

And if you do find this it may well be worth the £10 fee to see if it matches whats on record.

To apply for the v5 is easy when you have the numbers, you just send DVLA £25 and it takes a few weeks,

If your bike was registered before 1st August 1999 then you can get away without a visable chassis number for the MOT but you will need to resent the V5 when you get it.

I find DT frame numbers are usualy more visable than the RD numbers for some reason.

Tampered numbers should be reported to VOSA by the MOT inspector so no number is better than a tampered number.

DVLA do not check or use engine numbers for registration but the correct number should be listed on the V5.

Where do you live? if your local and im passing I would take a look or if your passing the MOT staion I work in I could take a look there, im in Hampshire

I'm in basingstoke, I would gladly pay the fee. I don't have the reg! That's what I'm trying to get. Can you find the reg with the numbers I sent you in a pm?? Appreciate it if you can?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online