My new steed TTR600RE

This post is 4612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I joined the ABR forum too so i'll be quizzing there also ;)

There are some good, bad and ugly guys over there...... :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Here she is, today cost me a new chain and sprocket set and the guys at Terry Silvester's worked wonders removing a seized wheel adjuster bolt. :thumb: Ordered a new healight cowl and plastic dash which was broken.

Lookin nice that OG, btw, are you getting the vibration at around 70mph apparently the XT's are prone to do this? mines a bugger for it. plus I'm liking that tail piece, is that and the rear side panel all in one?

Thought about one of these myself. Rode one and just wasn't, hmmm, can't really give it a word. Just didn't do it for me. Liked the riding position, can't fault the bike just? Dunno... Think i like more zip than thump.

Looking good though Paul, can't help asking. Is Darren's lifted? or is yours low at the back?

Lookin nice that OG, btw, are you getting the vibration at around 70mph apparently the XT's are prone to do this? mines a bugger for it. plus I'm liking that tail piece, is that and the rear side panel all in one?

not studied the panel yet NEV will let you know, as for vibration...wot a 600 single :rolleyes:

Thought about one of these myself. Rode one and just wasn't, hmmm, can't really give it a word. Just didn't do it for me. Liked the riding position, can't fault the bike just? Dunno... Think i like more zip than thump.

Looking good though Paul, can't help asking. Is Darren's lifted? or is yours low at the back?

II know what you mean Jason, its a completely different ride to the strokers, just fancied a change y'know

She's a fine lookin bike Paul.

Ive never had a spin on a big single, well not that i can rem anyway.

Is it me eyes or is the front tyre facing backwards :blink:

that tail piece, is that and the rear side panel all in one?

Yep, one piece, two bolts (under the rear) to remove, and one on each side. You need to remove it to get to the battery but it takes about 37 seconds to take it all off. These bikes are built for easy maintenance - you can do an oil change and a brake serive in under 30 minutes, and 20 of that is running the engine to fill the oil tank (dry sump))

Is Darren's lifted? or is yours low at the back?

The pre-load is up a couple of notches, that all.

Cheers TTb, yeah it has a brand new front muddy and the chap said it was cheap as chips, it would benefit from a new headlight cowl, with white sticker...do I have to go to yam, or can I search for acerbis?

Its a bit late i know but i have only just got back from my hols, yep go to a yam dealer i use Granby motors,

one thing i would do is remove the front rubber footpeg grips as they are only held on by an alan bolt.

TTB

one thing i would do is remove the front rubber footpeg grips as they are only held on by an alan bolt.

Thats a start. Mud, water and rubber footpegs don't mix.

These Wide Footpegs fit straight on to the TTR (and the XT660Z too) and double the size of the peg area. I have them on mine and they are the best value footpegs around. Not the best quality as they are cast and a bit rough, the paint isn't great either, but with PivotPegz at over £100, they are very good value. They do take an age to come, so don't expect fast delivery.

The very same pegs are used on the Tenere, and lots of the guys (on xt660.com) have them fitted rather than the OE ones without rubber. They make standing up on the bike much easier on the old legs and feet!

Sweet TTR there Paul! B)

& now that we've got someone to carry the torch for us DS riders ;) ......

420_011.jpg

....we'd BETTER see some RideReports! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online