Long arbor for cutting the baffle out of the XVS1300

Kfc1404
This post is 4634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I have managed to secure at great cost a 16" arbor with a 1" hole cutter.

I am going to do my exhaust then if anybody wants to do theirs I will pass it on for a fee!

I have a picture of it but seem unable to attach it!

Regards

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If anyone is thinking of drilling their exhaust here's more info http://www.1300tourer.com/node/3738. I haven't drilled mine as reluctant to do a permanent mod.

Loads of people in the U.S. have drilled the exhaust. Most like it over stock as makes it slightly deeper, however many eventually replace their exhausts for something with a little more rumble.

From the link I referred to:

"About 10 inches down the pipe is the baffle plug we are going to be drilling out.... Once you drilled through, start up the bike to blow out the plug.

WARNING! Don’t have anything or anyone directly behind the bike, as this piece is going to come flying out. It’s not a nuclear missile, but no sense being careless.

How does it sound? Not too bad! Seems to have a pretty throaty sound to me without being overly loud.

First ride impressions:

This mod really didn't add a lot to the volume, which is fine with me. There is a bit more of a rumble to it on acceleration and when you give it an extra twist, but pretty mellow otherwise. I like it!"

I was going to buy a Roadhouse Slip-on muffler but literally the day I tried to order one from the U.S. Roadhouse went bust :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online