British Motogp 2005

crummydillon
This post is 7045 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all

have just found out today that the British Motogp has been changed from June 2005 to 24th July 2005.

Well that's really pissed me off. I've just spent the last fortnight sorting out me holidays at work so that I can do the GP (as a scrutineer) and they've gone and changed the :cussing: date :banghead:

December 23 2004

2005 BSB dates change

Due to a date change for the British MotoGP round, two of the British Superbike round will now move from their provisional dates.

The event at Outlon Park which was originally scheduled for July 22-24 will now take place on September 9-11, while the Brands Hatch GP circuit weekend will switch from September 9-11 to October 7-9. All over dates remain unchanged.

2005 British Superbike Calendar:

March 26-68 Brands Hatch Indy circuit

April 8-10 Thruxton

April 22-24 Mallory Park

April 30-May 2 Oulton Park

May 13-15 Mondello Park

June 4-6 Croft

June 24-26 Knockhill

July 8-10 Snetterton

August 19-21 Silverstone

August 27-29 Cadwell Park

September 9-11 Oulton Park

September 23-25 Donington Park

October 7-9 Brands Hatch GP circuit.

The 2005 BSB calendar has changed

Save this article to my profile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Stories

'05 BSB entry list

Red Bull Rookie chosen

Go racing Boxing Day

2005 race calendars

Linked Bikes

No related bikes found

Linked Products

No related products found

Related Topics

Create new discussion topic

I noticed it as well......made me double-check the dates for the USGP, which I think are a week or so prior, as I'm trying to plan my vacation schedule for this summer too. ;)

Crum......I would sure think that Donington would stand a better chance with the weather in July ;)

From what I've read, both Donington & Laguna are doing some upgrades for the upcoming season B)

Bugger! When they said it was June I added tickets to my birthday list!

Now it's going to be me buying them for Cliff as usual as his birthday is July.

Can i pre-book some lovely sunny weather for my ride down from Scotland to Donners and for the duration of my stay. :P

Crum......I would sure think that Donington would stand a better chance with the weather in July ;)

From what I've read, both Donington & Laguna are doing some upgrades for the upcoming season B)

Can i pre-book some lovely sunny weather for my ride down from Scotland to Donners and for the duration of my stay. :P

Maybe I can bottle up some killer sunny weather from my 1200 mile trip down to Laguna, & ship it off to ya before you go?! ;):P

Please do. :D

Do you bike it to Laguna?

I am sooooo overdue for a ride to anywhere but work, it's not even funny!

Yep, 2-Wheelin' down there & back.....can't wait till my vacation gets here & I can get the Hell outta town! :thumb:

Tentatively......plan to leave on Wednesday night.....ride @ least till we get to the California border :ninja: ........

Just want to be @ Laguna by Friday when the racing starts & the tickets go into effect ;)

Coming home......I'll probably ride straight thru right after Sunday's events :blink:

That way, I'll only use about 4 days of my paid vacation time......the rest I'm saving for some Water-Skiing with the boat B)

I know!......I'm a MadMan :crazy::icon_cheesygrin:

To be honest I will never ever go to any event staged at Donnington.

You will be asked to pay silly money and treated like shite. how do I know.. well I went in 2002 on a camping weekend. The portaloos were full by Saturday morning and I mean full, you couldnt sit down without your ass coming into contact with a pile of shite. The advert said showers.. yeh right.. 6 showers amongst 5,000? people and the 'security' isnt there to protect you its there to ensure you dont cause problems. This year gas canisters were confiscated on entering the site so how the f*ck you were supposed to cook or brew up gawd Knows.. mind you there were always the rip off catering vans to relieve you of your wad...

Roy

BTW the above is a mild review of what happened but I will NEVER EVER return to Donny for a race meeting again. 2004 saw me at LeMan which isnt as quite as good spectator wise but at least I was made welcome at the circuit and in the town and the entrance fee for the 3 days was about half of Donny and included a free programme.

FU Donny

Somewhere between 12-1400 miles I reckon.....roundtrip ;)

I feel for you YamaHead :huh:

12-1400miles to see ONLY the GP bikes and not even the '' Strokers '' :blink:

Don't want to upset you but the GP at Donington is only around 4 miles from my place ;)

You can hear the bikes / cars when events are on from my garden :rolleyes:

Not sure about the GP though as I'm there in person sniffing the 2 stroke fumes :P

All the best .......

Fred.

I feel for you YamaHead  :huh:

12-1400miles to see ONLY the GP bikes and not even the '' Strokers ''  :blink:

All the best .......

Fred.

Awww...Don't feel too bad there Fred :D

I'm really looking forward to the trip.......I'm waaaaay overdue for a ride that really covers some ground & besides, where we're going, has got some of Thee most picturesque coastline on the planet! B) My mate that I'm going with tells me that we'll have to @ least have dinner @ the Mission Ranch while we're in the area....(famous restaurant owned by Clint Eastwood) ;)

As far as the 3 days of racing.....it's a bummer that the GP Strokers won't be there, but the AMA boys will be having their time, as well as a Super-Karts event where Eddie Lawson & Wayne Rainey are scheduled to participate in. B)

Lawson's Kart lap times are as quick as WSC bikes! :blink:

I'll just be stoked that I'm riding ANYWHERE but to Work! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online