Sr125Se Wiring problem

bikerboi36
This post is 4643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am needing help about the electrics to my 1985 SR125SE. I have had to replace the loom from a newer bike Circ 1991, I have checked the loom for continuity as well as the switches all that needed replacing was the rear brake switch and the ignition key to they were replaced and also checked for continuity and passed but i still cannot get any thing on the dash to show up i know i dont have a side stand switch as my model never had them fitted, and also noticed that according to the bible that is haynes bot for the 1982-1984 manual and the new on for 1982 - 2003 there is a spur from the brown wire to the brown wire on the L/H switch gear and also a spur from the ignition to the R/H switch gear wiring as well will I have to make these my self as they dont seem to be on the loom as it comes. Ant help will be greatly recieved.

Nigel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I am needing help about the electrics to my 1985 SR125SE. I have had to replace the loom from a newer bike Circ 1991, I have checked the loom for continuity as well as the switches all that needed replacing was the rear brake switch and the ignition key to they were replaced and also checked for continuity and passed but i still cannot get any thing on the dash to show up i know i dont have a side stand switch as my model never had them fitted, and also noticed that according to the bible that is haynes bot for the 1982-1984 manual and the new on for 1982 - 2003 there is a spur from the brown wire to the brown wire on the L/H switch gear and also a spur from the ignition to the R/H switch gear wiring as well will I have to make these my self as they dont seem to be on the loom as it comes. Ant help will be greatly recieved.

Nigel

Unfortunately the looms are not always complete and there are wires not shown on drawings for 'detail reasons'.

The spurs you talk about are a prime example. I would add the spurs and go from there, or at least some jumper wires to see the effect.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online