My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I thought u might have cut the pipe to reshape it,three words that never sound good together bike ,fell ,leg.

They might call it a orange but still looks more yellow to me even on the car,the 2008 Sts had a better orange IMO but as long as you like it then thats all that matters.

I take it your going to paint a scheem on the tank in orange,thing is with candy it's going to be a different colour than the fenders because you used a different base colour with the parts not right beside eachother it might not be as noticable though.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer the bruse is coming out nicely but still not good enough to warrant a photo yet.

Yer I know what you mean about the 2008 st, it's a much better orange, I guess it ask changed when they started using water based paints in the factories or something???

Yer going to try a pattern on the Tank, I'm thinking scallops but instead of filling in in as a block colour I'm going to lay some net curtain over it and spray another pattern inside the scallop. Going to see if it works on my old Tank first before I cock up my sporty tank ha ha.

I'll be masking up the the Tank and cutting out my pattern then spraying a white primer over that then spray the candy orange over that so the fenders and Tank match.

seen a technique ot youtube where you spray the candy straight over your design, it show's through as it's translucent, can give some really nice effects

Here's what happened last night, stainless hoses in place only one to plumb up to the fuel tank.

DSC_0540_zpsyznlurbf.jpg

Tank rubbed down then masked up, design drawn on, cut out primed and painted.

DSC_0537_zps77hlga2g.jpg

DSC_0535_zps8unipyue.jpg

Sadly got a small bit to touch up tonight as the tape pulled a bit off as in guessing that part of the paint must have been on a bit of dust or something as it didn't bond to the primer.

DSC_0536_zps2u6ydqmp.jpg

Once that's touched up I will then clear coat it and then I can plumb it up and stick some go go juice in.

Tried the whole spraying over net curtain thing on a bit of card but didn't look right so just went with block colors.

I don`t like, sorry. think about repaint the tank. is looking crap. I really sorry for this but I can`t say is looking good if is ugly. don`t know how the color is but the model.............why you don`t take a flame model from internet? print it and make a model.. freak, my english will be always shity. but i`m sure you understand what I mean.

later edit:

something like that

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/71792/orange-dream-machine-flame.jpg

Thats ok Lallasro, no need to say sorry bout it, if you dont like it then thats your choice you just wont get a ginger nut bisket or a ride on her :biglaugha: As they say a bike is a reflection of the owner and sadly for all that know me and my bike we are both full of inperfections, uglyness and poor maintance :eusa_whistle:

I don't like that style flame job really, too wavey and girly in my opinion, i was originally going to go all black again till the wife told me not too and so i looked at some old school tank designs and dont my own perfectly imperfect twist.

Done a small bit more to the tank the other night as i wasn't happy that the center point didn't line up with the center of the tank,

DSC_0543_zpsq80wpdr2.jpg

Just a tad more to do to it tonight then its time for the clear coat.

• Like 1

Well you get a yea and a nay my son likes the paint job I'm not so sure,,but so glad yo fixed the center strip it was the first thing I noticed,it could use some more work to get it semictrial/even at the arches of the scalops. I would use a small round bottle to get the circle area even,,tape tank and trace the shape

As felix said bring the other scalops down to the center as well leaving a tear drop of black etiher side of the center strip would look cool..

I don't know what is missing but ?? it just seems to stop too soon on the sides..or to bulky and not fade away enough.

`

I hear ya guys, hmmm feliks you seem pretty handy with photo shop can you extend the points to the center One and extend the side points too just to give me a direction and to see what it looks like?

Felix can whip up a photo shop in minutes,,me NO ....I use pin striping tape to mock up what I want and get a look at it first.I have tape that is 1/8 in wide and can make circles with it then just tape up to it to block off what you dont want to paint.

Yer think I'm gunna shoot out and get some pin stripe tape and more masking tape as I've run out and I've also run out of that orange as they where only 300ml cans and the shop only had two cans.

Do you think a silver pin stripe as a border between the orange and black will look good or a different color?

I don`t like, sorry. think about repaint the tank. is looking crap. I really sorry for this but I can`t say is looking good if is ugly. don`t know how the color is but the model.............why you don`t take a flame model from internet? print it and make a model.. freak, my english will be always shity. but i`m sure you understand what I mean.

later edit:

something like that

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/71792/orange-dream-machine-flame.jpg

I'm with Lallasro on this you should have stuck with the Toaster' :crylaugh:

Yer think I'm gunna shoot out and get some pin stripe tape and more masking tape as I've run out and I've also run out of that orange as they where only 300ml cans and the shop only had two cans.

Do you think a silver pin stripe as a border between the orange and black will look good or a different color?

silver sounds good or maybe red or day glow pink

OOOHHH what about zz top type stripes to match the bars ex tend the scalops and drag them back to the front thining and then back again thinning. with a silver 3rd colour under laping

Painting is my fave you get to do what ever you want

Tommy..... Your a dick ha ha.

Yer I like painting Dt but still in the practicing side of it (as you can see)

Feliks, just photo shop the points longer for now and if you can could you do a silver pin stripe along the edges.

If you're not already, use vinyl tape (electrical tape works in a pinch) to do your curved edges, it bends a lot easier than masking tape! Just be sure to not leave it on too long or it'll be hard to remove. You can heat it up to remove it easier too.