My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

WOW its lookin awesome man am so jealous heh...i've not been on here for a while as ive been pissed off with maself at failing my mod 1test recently..still awaiting another date at this time..anyway deffo great job on the bike...where did you get the bars for it i fancy a set for my wee sr as it looks like am gonna be on it for some time yet and fancy a change.

cheers

Dave

Dont get dis-heartened on not passing your test mate! its all apart of the journey! keep going and keep calm your do it next time!

I actually got the bars off of Amazon! lol they where £70 and are drilled and grooved for the cables to go through but that job will be next christmas time job, i just wanna get out and ride her now, but will sort all the little bits out first.

looks brill , BUT , theirs always going to be a but,

and on this occasion it's that brake fluid casing , it needs a rub down , and either chroming or matt blacking.

as it's bubbling.

Yer i know what your saying mate, i keep looking at it and thinking it needs doing, i may have a look at it this week if im given permission from the missus to tinker lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

woof wwoof

kinell come on you two! :eusa_doh:

As my post,

"I have never intended to upsett other members, piss them off, yes, wind them up, yes, insult them or there bikes? NO"

cheers noise but a bit too pricey the now as i,ve been buyin loads o crap from fleabay recently lol but have however got a bid in for a set

for cheap hopefully

fingers crossed :)

Dave

Not a drama Mate hopefully you will get them! they are a good style of bar as your not lent over too much and if you get a set of pull back risers you could even have a nice lazy sit up possion.

Are the ones your bidding on drilled and grooved?

hey noise

i dont think they are drilled and grooved as the description is very short other than them being in used condition they are stated as being jap fit

Ok, no worries, have you made sure that they will fit your bike? ie that they are either 1" thick or 7/8 thick? Its not a drama if they aint drilled n grooved just that if there not then you cant hid wires in them lol.

eh nope lol it doesn't state if they are 1 inch or 7/8 either so ive emailed the seller and awaiting the reply

just got a reply and he says standard jap...?

Edited by daveye

Lol thats not much help as standard Jap could be any thing! the XVS 125 is 7/8 yet the XVS 650 is 1"!

I would say that your 125 would be 7/8 but just to make sure id buy your self one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-46610-Dual-Reading-Digital-Vernier/dp/B001EZ5QUO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1327649743&sr=8-5 and get your bars mesured properly then go from there.

It wont be too much drama if you buy 1" and not 7/8 as you can always buy a new set of risers that will fit to your bike and your new bars. (you may need new risers any way so that the new bars clear your tank ;))

hey noise didnt get them as i was outbid by...50p... great eh...oh well al just hold of the now as i spent too much many anyway

cheers for everything

Dave

Not a drama mate, tell ya what tho. I have a set if drag bars up in me loft I had them on me 650 but didnt like them. They are 1" thick and about 32" long I think. If your interested?

Thats not a drama mate I will go in the loft during the week n get them down for some pics, they are brand new and where on my bike for a day lol.

Right as for my bike, its now out the shack and ive done another three videos which I will upload onto you tube and post them and some more pics on here tomorrow. She runs great just need to sort out the needle jets to make her run better, if not I will have to sort out another bigger main jet.

Stay tuned

Hey guys, well the day has finally come when ive finished the bike! a few bits will be done next winter but for now she will stay as she is. (looks alot better than that white!)

Here is a few pics of her

mms_img678926853.jpg

mms_img-835138335.jpg

mms_img640404346.jpg

mms_img1424262093.jpg

mms_img1886683177.jpg

mms_img-956473800.jpg

mms_img-1730329197.jpg

And a few videos

wow. that sounds great, love the way you mounted the rear plate, maybe get a slightly smaller one ( like my tracker) and keep that for the MOT. I assume it has a light for it as it will fail otherwise!

bet your dead chuffed :thumb: