My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well as promised here are my nice new shiney carbs, not gunna do any thing to them as there are in fantastic condition and i see no point in stripping them down due to them only doing 1500 miles. Just purchasedc a 280 piece stainless steel nut and bolt kit off of E-bay for £8.85 to replace all of the bolts on the frame once they arrive i will stick all the old bolts back in and ship it out to powder coat.

mms_img1834939610.jpg

mms_img1510903294.jpg

mms_img-1900220802.jpg

mms_img-2079129041.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After another week end in the shed that horrid god awfal white paint has now been given the finger and i can gladly say it will never be seen again! took me the whole on Saturday to do as i had to be 100.000% sure that the Nitromorse was removed and that all the flakey paint was gone. I then started the swing arm on Sunday but as it always happens to me i run out of paint! So gotta buy some more and finish that off. I have also made a nice Ally plate which will be Gloss black to cover up the mono shock as now i have the sprung seat you can see all of the battery and wires etc.

Onto the Pics!!!

This is the size of my new foot pegs (old ones on the left new on the right)

mms_img710004088.jpg

NITROMORSE!!!!!

mms_img-982567096.jpg

mms_img-1053100907.jpg

Onto paint,

mms_img-720137698.jpg

mms_img1808197277.jpg

mms_img1739045932.jpg

mms_img-284680209.jpg

This is the ally cover

mms_img-257138099.jpg

mms_img2068575412.jpg

mms_img1612356806.jpg

Done a slight bit of shaping to the plate that will cover my mono shock. Next thing for this will be to etch prime it and paint it gloss black, then i will get some nice stainless steel P clips to fit it.

mms_img-1866701651.jpg

mms_img1311831606.jpg

mms_img2111200258.jpg

mms_img334232268.jpg

Well she's finally coming together, engine is now in, the carbs and fuel pump is on, coil packs on, swing arm and mono shock in, mono shock cover is in place and looking pretty with the S/S P clips, every single nut bolt and washer is now stainless steel and copper greesed up, and lastly the wireing loom is on.

Tomorrow i will have the air filter on and may even have the forks and front n rear wheel in.

mms_img-1297806808.jpg

mms_img-306140327.jpg

mms_img424113086.jpg

mms_img1834217805.jpg

mms_img-221869845.jpg

mms_img-902999636.jpg

mms_img541868757.jpg

mms_img279085258.jpg

She's coming together really nicely now! as you can see that she's looking more like a motorsickle now and im so glad that the gold on the headers looks quite smart!

Now all thats left to do is:

Seat brakets

New rear fender

Handle bars + controls

Move starter button

side pannels and cubby holes

Battery box

Front brake calliper

Foot rests and controls

Re-paint fuel tank.

Put petrol in her

Tax + insure

Start her up and ride away happy!

mms_img399123643.jpg

mms_img-1156248118.jpg

mms_img-905422484.jpg

mms_img-976847861.jpg

mms_img553624135.jpg

Just found a picture of her on the day i picked her up! Out with the tool box n off with all them horrid optional extras!

She had the following bolted on:

Fog lights with an old bit of metal used as a fog light bar which was drilled into the yoke!

Engine crash bars with criuse foot pegs

Rider and pillion floor boards

Saddle bag bars

Sissy bar and rack.

Took me a whole day to remove all this crap and i had to drill out a good hand full of bolts alond the way!

facebook_-664072313.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we go into 2012! and im sorry to say but not much happened to the bike over the Christmas holidays........too much whiskey lol

Thanks for the comments they are always nice to receive in responce "up yours" i am keeping as little of the old tat off as possible and only sticking the "MOT requirements" back on.

Well here are some piccies.

Foot rests are now finished and on the bike.

mms_img-614475644.jpg

mms_img1206004554.jpg

mms_img547391057.jpg

mms_img1374066491.jpg

mms_img-1828043718.jpg

mms_img1248715494.jpg

mms_img-2137737055.jpg

And i have now finished the fuel tank, put cubby hole back in with the battery and fuses followed by the hand controls ready for the handle bars to go on (very last job i will do)

tank stripped

mms_img-200686678.jpg

Primed

mms_img517482987.jpg

mms_img-1689281817.jpg

Finished

mms_img2014340691.jpg

mms_img482129364.jpg

Plummed in

mms_img94142130.jpg

Cable cover

mms_img-84381360.jpg

LOOKIN GOOD!!!

mms_img-343702119.jpg

This week end im hoping to have the exhausts done and the seat brackets and fender stays finished and on the bike

Cheers guys! well i still got a few bits left to do like:

1) Exhausts......shorten them and wrap them

2) A few seat brackets to fit that back on.

3) Re-do the fender stays (ive started but lost interest due to a bottle of JD ;) )

4) Fit my new shiney number plate bracket i got from customewizard.com (HIGHLY RECOMENDED SITE!)

5) Strip and paint the last side cover (found it in the bottom of a box D'OH!!!!

6) Fit handle bars, hand controls and head light.

7) Oil change + more petrol + starter buttom = Me happy

---------------------------------------------------------

8) Fix Horn

So a few bits to keep me busy till the end of the month but at least it keeps me out of trouble. I took the HT leads out the other day and turned her over to see if i had wired up the starter motor up right and the the cable i used was good enough and im glad to say its great! the only thing i found tho was that the horn dont work.......mainly because the two wires that go into the horn are the only two i didn't mark up so im 99% sure i got them in the wrong way lol O well theres another thing on the "to do" list.

More pics to follow as the build progresses

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys heres a quick update on the old progress and i have to say.......im well chuffed so far.

Im hoping this video will work if not i will have to learn how to put it onto Youtube.

I put the handle bars one temperarily as they will have to come off again to get her out the shed, ive put the handle bar grips on that have the indecators built into them, pulled out the choke put her on resurve and push the button and she turns over and few times and aways she goes!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/OmSh5G033sI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OmSh5G033sI

Sorry about the camara-manship its a small shed and trying to show the bike off with one hand was a wee bit difficult lol

Just been out side today and sorted out the tick over and she runs like a beauty!!

Still gotta do the seat brakets, front brake, head light and my number plate light. Then shes on the road! :sigh2: I cant wait any longer

Edited by Airhead

im liking it lots keith,

as for the camera work ,take your time , slow is the name of the game, so we can take a good look at it.

looks great in matt black i must admit.

Yer I thought my camara manship was a bit shit as I only had just over a minute of recording time left, so once ive got her out the shed I will do a better vid of her n walk around her better.

Im well happy with the Matt black, I got it off amazon, called cobra big black, 600ml can and you can get two cans for £15 BARGIN compared to halfruads one 500ml can for £15!

Hey guys and gals,

Well we are nearly there! only a few more bits to finish off and then she comes out the shed ready for a good old ride out. Ive wired up the number plate light which ive threaded through the swing arm so just gotta get a rubber gromit to stop the water getting into the swing arm, Ive put my bar end wing mirror onto the normal mounting point for wing mirrors (dont look too bad i think) and i have finished the front seat brackets so just need to do the rear brackets and paint them and re fit them with the seat.

So once she is out the shed and i have more room i will bleed the brakes and top up the fuel and thats job jobbed!!! heres a few more pics for ya to look through.

Handle bars now on,

mms_img-1344088104.jpg

Front seat brackets done and ready for paint

mms_img1570212959.jpg

Bar end mirror mounted in the "right" place

mms_img2039270009.jpg

A quick side shot, i will be getting my mate to spin me up some exhaust tips when i take it to work, thinking a nice copper or brass tip will look nice?

mms_img-1203870938.jpg

looks brill , BUT , theirs always going to be a but,

and on this occasion it's that brake fluid casing , it needs a rub down , and either chroming or matt blacking.

as it's bubbling.

WOW its lookin awesome man am so jealous heh...i've not been on here for a while as ive been pissed off with maself at failing my mod 1test recently..still awaiting another date at this time..anyway deffo great job on the bike...where did you get the bars for it i fancy a set for my wee sr as it looks like am gonna be on it for some time yet and fancy a change.

cheers

Dave