My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey noise

well my own personal choice would be satin black frame with matt green tins

but i'm also liking the cammo cream idea as well

tis gonna be an awesome bike though no matter what you go with methinks

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey noise

well my own personal choice would be satin black frame with matt green tins

but i'm also liking the cammo cream idea as well

tis gonna be an awesome bike though no matter what you go with methinks

Dave

Cheers man, well Green was my first chioce but then i started thinking of the other colours n got greedy and couldn't stop thinking "well that colour is nice......but so is that one......and that one!" :oD

Well here are some more pics to give you guys a quick look see at her.

mms_img-1538888902.jpg

mms_img-1204045156.jpg

mms_img-1308157745.jpg

Those fender stays are going as they are far too bulky and ugly! so im def going for the old school sissy bar idea but i will run with these stays till she comes off the road as they are working as they should. I popped round me staep dads last night n i noticed he still has his old 2005 Harley soft tail tank that is laying in the loft which im sure after a few mods will go nicely on my bike :oD bigger tank = more fuel and a more bad ass look lol

We will see

Was just on Ebay and this popped up on the homepage.

Quite a few colours that could work on your tins. I like the pearl white with black frame idea personally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Military-Vehicle-Paint-2-5Ltr-5Ltr-Cans-All-Colours-/220725241176?_trksid=p4012.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D12%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3166979261844304388#ht_833wt_906

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, well not much has happened to the bike over the last week or so, one becuase of the flipping weather freeking out now and then and also cause any chance i could i was out riding it. but this week end or the week end after she is coming off the road. With that in mind her is the next thing on the shopping list and if any one else is after one of this size its the best one for that price! spent a whole day comparing prices and its the cheapest one but with good reviews!

http://www.shedstore.co.uk/wooden-garden-sheds/windsor-sheds/overlap-apex-86/windsor-overlap-double-door-apex-garden-shed-8-by-6

All the best

Keith

man i rushed in here lookin for more pics lol but can understand the need to get out as much as possible cos o this crap weather

but lookin forward to seein more soon

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Right Guys its time to start the project! last weekend i built a shed with me mate Dave (built it from scratch) then today we stuck her in there ready to strip her down! Tomorrow im gunna have the front and rear end off so that its down to the main trunk so that i have more room to move.

Well here are a few pics to keep you guys tuned into "FARMER COUNTY CHOPPERS!" lol

The room i have at the moment

mms_img-1628307165.jpg

mms_img400931866.jpg

Ignition barrel will be moving

mms_img190947099.jpg

And some thing colourful will be happening here o and some thing will be moving from here too lol but i shall let you guess what

mms_img-248051396.jpg

O and one last teaser i will be getting rid of my clutch lever.........but what will i be using for a clutch??????? :crazy:

Stay tuned :spin2:

Maybe........Maybe not lol

Well here we go 1st day of stripping down the bike and so far i have done the following:

removed handle bars, Forks, exhaust, seat, head light, indicators, foot brake and speedo. Sadly im on a time limit so this is all i got done today but im getting up early so i can plod on i piece lol

mms_img-774050777.jpg

mms_img1613668604.jpg

mms_img1517620941.jpg

I been having a slight rattle coming from my rear cylinder exhaust and when i removed it i noticed that the baffle was loose so i took it out (as im not putting them back in due to changing the style of them) and look what i found!

Shocking!!!!

mms_img1983996260.jpg

differance between top pipe (broken one) and the bottom pipe!

mms_img-2136661171.jpg

One of them has a kind of fabric over it yet the broken one didn't??? its not stuck in the pipe so im not sure whats happened to it!?

mms_img-807082296.jpg

Well i will crack on with it again tomorrow and im gunna remove the rear fender, wheel, swing arm and fuel tank.

Stay tuned

Day two of the strip down and it started out with a trip to Lidi's for a set of axle stands £10 for a pair so i got two sets and they also had a set of rachet spanners! fantastic bit of kit! highly recommend that you get some if you havent only £20 and they are brilliant quality.

Took me a while to get going as takes some time to get her safly onto the axle stands but once she was up off came the battery box, little cubby hole on the left of the bike, fuel tank, rear wheel, gear shifter, swing arm and thats it so far. I had to shoot out to Halfrauds as i didn't have a 27mm socket for the swing arm! typical!

Well here she is in her current state.

mms_img1525354651.jpg

Bit dirty behind the rear wheel lol

mms_img-161355523.jpg

mms_img-456178805.jpg

More dirt from under the fuel tank

mms_img-1623508613.jpg

And a quick cheesy shot

mms_img156031966.jpg

Up early again tomorrow to start taking more bits off.

Early this morning i set out on the fun journey of the wiring loom, So armed with some masking tape and a pen i set out un plugging and marking up the plugs for safe keepings (i know they all have there own plugs etc) then it was onto removing the carbs, air filter and the yoke.

mms_img1416106240.jpg

mms_img499156022.jpg

Removing the engine was next on the list but was a little harder to remove than i first though lol. i had to remove the plastic chrome heads just to un bolt the top front mounting brakets. But after another 25mins they where off and out came said engine.

Et Vala

mms_img1541025395.jpg

mms_img-1501138186.jpg

so now onto cleaning the carbs and and the frame ready for paint and powder coating.

mms_img2043417681.jpg

mms_img117377843.jpg

mms_img-1502168195.jpg

And so it begins!

• 2 weeks later...

Right this is more of a voting pole to help me make my mind up (sorry not pics still tarting up the engine)

What should i go for in term of a clutch?

Jocky shift (click link)

jockey_shift.jpg

OR

An Exile chopper style twist grip clutch?

Either way im wanting to keep the handle bars free of gumph. I "think" i know what i want but you know how it is!

Cheers

Keith

Hi Guys well here is a few up dates on what i have been up too! Firstly i finally got round to doing the engine and removing all that horrid chrome! well i say all of it i have left a splattering of it just to brake up the black. Ordered some high temp wrinkle finish paint off of Frost automotive and its great stuff, as long as you have a nice warm room or and partners hair dryer it gose off really well.

Also ordered some braided breather and fuel lines which are now on (no pics tho will get some of this later) and also painted the barrles and block with some high temp black paint too just to smarten her up.

And i have replaced the starter motor cable as it was shagged!

mms_img997725708.jpg

mms_img1205151861.jpg

mms_img-1240283144.jpg

mms_img-1458051022.jpg

mms_img1733858146.jpg

And then i sorted out the rear brake bar.

BEFORE

mms_img1617390846.jpg

mms_img-1381710386.jpg

mms_img372130511.jpg

AFTER

mms_img42475156.jpg

mms_img-378446718.jpg

Still sorting out the carbs as the bolts are well and truly stuck in there and in need of a good over haul!

Here we go again guys another quick up date on progress, i finally got my Braided fuel lines through the post the other day so it was straight out into the shed to clean up the fuel pump and the little frame it is fixed to so its all nice and shiney and clean!

Before's

mms_img1690327875.jpg

mms_img1347916678.jpg

mms_img1703564224.jpg

mms_img3734837.jpg

After's

mms_img1655917860.jpg

mms_img489511316.jpg

mms_img-243958529.jpg

After that i set about sorting out the Rear brake peddle and its mounting bracket, so i have replaced all the split pins to stainless and also replaced those horrid cer clips with some nice new ones.

Before's

mms_img-1612017907.jpg

mms_img-1107533833.jpg

After's

mms_img264810775.jpg

mms_img570361053.jpg

Last thing to go in these is a set of racing foot pegs which i got off my mate who wasn't using them any more so i can finally stop scratching my foot pegs when i go round bends, they are only about 3-4 inches long lol

Cracking finnish,, :thumb: ,, what was the colours you ured to get that chrome/ black,,, its mega nice

Cheers mate, Well the brake leaver is original, i just used a scotch brite pad to remove all the bad bits and then attacked it with some autosol polish, and the black is just a quick spray with some etch primer followed by a gloss black rattle can from Halfrauds.

Or are you on about the rear fender? in that case it was 1000's of years of wet and dry and again just a gloss black rattle can, that fender is no longer going on the bike as i am going to re-do another one as im not happy with the look of it now lol.

Well all I can say after tuning into my latest episode of Farmer County Choppers is that you're a braver man than I!!!!

Looking great though, that polishing patience is really paying off :)

Well all I can say after tuning into my latest episode of Farmer County Choppers is that you're a braver man than I!!!!

Looking great though, that polishing patience is really paying off :)

Cheers mate, its always a ball ache when you start to polish things but as you say its well worth it in the end. LAst week i started out re-doing my carbs but they where in a worse state than i originally thought! i gave them to a mate of mine as he has a proper set of tools so would be easier for him to take them apart than me due to siezed bolts etc but unfortunaly he broke them due to the basic fact of they where shagged! SOOO today in the post came a set of new carbs off a poor blokes bike that was T boned! (thankfully the guy is ok!) but these carbs have only done 1500 miles and are in stupendous condition! will up load pics soon as im at work at the mo. All i have to do to them is fit my Braided fuel hose and jobs a good'en!