My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3550 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i have finally gone past 250miles on Betty now and she is running great! got a slight flat spot mid range but then she picks up again and she's off.

My arse keeps slipping off the seat when i forget to squeeze my legs in before i give her a blast but i still got my poo valve which hasn't been ripped off by the rear wheel.

Anyone got any ideas how to get rid of or reduce a flat spot in the rev range?

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well im coming up to 1000miles on old Betty now and she's had a few little upsets but nothing major and she's running like a dream, pulls very well in all gears and gets round corners just as good as and squirel on crack.

Came out the house this morning to goto work only to find a childs foot print on the lower exhaust and a snapped weld :madflame: ok.........i know if i was a good welder then i personally should be able to stand on it, but its more the point that some drugged up jerry springer co-star's kid has been fucking with my bike. I have a good idea which one it was but his dad is a wanker and i know for a fact i wont get any money from him for the repairs as he crashed into my wifes old car when we first moved in and he denide every thing to the police etc.

So i'll have to finish the XJ900 tonight, beg my mate to lend me his welder and get the pipe fixed for the weekend. :madflame:

Why not justy wire it up and ride it over to your mates and get him to weld it then,. Dosent excuse some little prick for messing with your bike,but if it broke it was going to sooner or later.

Also if some kid can get that close to your bike without you knowing then time for some motion lights alarm ect.. next time it might not be a kid just messing about but some waiste of skin trying to steal your bike.

as above also if betty had gone over & landed on the little darling it would be you in trouble no doubt :crazy:

Yer im saving up for a tilt alarm for her and when we re mortgage we are putting garage doors on our car ports so i then have a double garage. Sadly the car ports are at the back of our garden and no way of knowing if anyone is in there unless i get a rocking chair 12 gauge and some chewing teebacky with free spit pot from rednecksareus.com

• Like 2