my power valve aint working

This post is 4673 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i changed the head gasket on my dt 125 the other day and when i put it all back together and put the servo back on i took the bike out for a run and now the power valve wont kick in the bike feels like its been restricted it wont go no more then 50mph can any one spread some light on this for me pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i changed the head gasket on my dt 125 the other day and when i put it all back together and put the servo back on i took the bike out for a run and now the power valve wont kick in the bike feels like its been restricted it wont go no more then 50mph can any one spread some light on this for me pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Right then dpreece, I take it you are new to this forum lark, otherwise you'd know that the New Members section is for people wanting to join the forum, to take the opportunity to introduce themselves, where they're from, what sort of bike they have etc, once they've done that, they then go on to find the particular section they need, to explain the problem they are having with their bike, which in your case would be the 'Yamaha Workshop' section.

Now then once you posted in the 'Yamaha Workshop' section with your problem, you then need to tell us, what you've actually done yourself, to try and rectify your problem, so somebody with the knowledge of your bike can then think of trying something that maybe you've missed.

If by someway you were a bit of a techniphobe, and new nothing about bikes and therefore unable to check yourself ,rather than can't be arsed to check what might be at fault, we'd know because you would have told us in the New Members section, get my drift?

Oh and by the way it's 'isn't' not 'aint' :blink:

be nice if you did a newbie post telling us about you 1st than seeking help. but anyways welcome tell us more about yourself