Dropped Bike

Rich_B
This post is 4676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I wonder if anyone has come across this problem before? My bike was dropped by thieves (may well have been at a fast walking pace) onto it's left hand side. It stayed that way for 15minutes or so until the Police arrived and picked it up, pissing petrol down the road as it was. When I came home the following day I ripped the top yoke off and stripped the broken ignition lock down to get it so I could ride it. My brother and I cobbled it back together and the fuel pump and ignition circuits energised as it should do but I had no spark. I took off the tip over sensor and gave it a gentle rattle and the ball inside seems free - indeed while doing this the tacho reported it as faulty as it should and when I replaced it the tacho showed no faults present so I think the tip over sensor is not to blame for the no spark. The clutch, side stand and kill switches all seem to work ok. Surly being dropped shouldn't stop it running? I'm baffled as to why it will spark no more and any suggestions of help would be most appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

if its the fazer in profile,it probably has an immobiliser built into ignition,depending how you bodged it to get it running my guess is its the immobiliser still not letting cdi unit work.

yes it is the Fazer 1000... I don't think Yamaha fitted imobilisers to them did they?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online