Fzr 400 to 600

bernies_son
This post is 4678 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about problems etc as I've not done it, but you will definitely need the wiring loom (for the CDI), the carbs and probably the radiator from the 600

If you're gonna do it, start a thread with plenty of pics :)

Hi all, i want to fit a 1990 fzr600 engine to my fzr400 1989 are there any problems and what extras do i need from the 600

Hi there

I did this with 2 different FZR 400s and its easy.

I take it you have the earlier FZR400 with the 2 removable frame rails? and no Exup

If so you can just pretty much unbolt your engine drop it out and put the 600 unit back in. You can use your existing loom and rad as they are near enough the same as the 600. You will need the 600 exhaust and carbs though, the airboxes are pretty much the same...

If you have an Exup version you will maybe need to swap the loom over.

I will add some pics of my 4/600 later on (this is the later bike which needs a couple of plates made up to match up the uper engine mounts). But if you have one of the earlier bikes this will not be necessary. Check out my Gallery pics for the FZR400 to 600 Build (not many pics but its in the days before Digital and Mobiles with decent Cameras.... LOL

Andy

hi yes it is an exup but an early 1 so ill give it a go and see what happens

I did this with 2 different FZR 400s and its easy.

I take it you have the earlier FZR400 with the 2 removable frame rails? and no Exup

If so you can just pretty much unbolt your engine drop it out and put the 600 unit back in. You can use your existing loom and rad as they are near enough the same as the 600. You will need the 600 exhaust and carbs though, the airboxes are pretty much the same...

If you have an Exup version you will maybe need to swap the loom over.

I will add some pics of my 4/600 later on (this is the later bike which needs a couple of plates made up to match up the uper engine mounts). But if you have one of the earlier bikes this will not be necessary. Check out my Gallery pics for the FZR400 to 600 Build (not many pics but its in the days before Digital and Mobiles with decent Cameras.... LOL

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online