YBR 125 not starting in warm weather ...

dblane79
This post is 2065 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps!

First post in here so nice to meet ya all!

I ended up posting in this forum after trying for weeks to find a solution on the internet for my YBR125..The problem is, it wont start in hot weather...

I've searched on the internet and found other peeps that have the same issue, but havent found any solution to it yet..

Someone said he replaced the fuel pump and it sorted it out..Just wondering if there's any1 out there that has a definite answer before i try this.

So its an 2007 ybr 125, done 13000 miles, everything is fine, except this issue.

The engine light comes up for 5 seconds as normal, but there's no noise of the fuel pump engaging (not sure if thats what that sound is). I have to put it indoors, somewhere cool for 15-20 mins and then it just starts...

any input is much appreciated!

d

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey peeps!

I ended up posting in this forum after trying for weeks to find a solution on the internet for my YBR125..The problem is, it wont start in hot weather...

I've searched on the internet and found other peeps that have the same issue, but havent found any solution to it yet..

Someone said he replaced the fuel pump and it sorted it out..Just wondering if there's any1 out there that has a definite answer before i try this.

So its an 2007 ybr 125, done 13000 miles, everything is fine, except this issue.

The engine light comes up for 5 seconds as normal, but there's no noise of the fuel pump engaging (not sure if thats what that sound is). I have to put it indoors, somewhere cool for 15-20 mins and then it just starts...

d

Hi dblane,

You're right, many others including me have this problem but I too struggle to find anything more definitive than changing the fuel pump. Mine doesn't even cool down in less then a few hours rather than minutes. Also, I tried to start it today in overcast weather which is usually my friend, but now high humidity causes the same problem. When I ask at the local Yam garage they say they never heard of anyone having this problem (really?!).

Many answers seem to point to the engine temp sensor or air intake temp sensor believing it's too hot and choking the mixture. So I have an open to question to you if you find anything more out, or to anyone else who has any insight.

a) Is the air intake sensor the little plastic LED sized thing that protrudes into the throttle body (looking inside the actual body after removal)?

b)Where would the component be that stops the fuel pump working?

c) Can I identify any wires/units that control the fuel pump and somehow override the ECU control so force it to start working whatever the weather?

d) Why the hell didn't I just get a year older model with a carb and not injection?

Cheers to anyone who can offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated. I know there are a lot of posts on this issue, but all the more reason to get some definite answers on it so the forums don't get clogged with repetetive questions hey?

it does seem to be an issue affecting the fuel pump, my neice's '08 ybr 125 suffers the same non start in warm/ hot weather and I've tested the feed to the pump when the ignition is switched on. It's there every time but the fuel pump won't budge until it cools down abit. Trouble is the bikes only done 3000 miles and it's £217 for a new one and I haven't been able to source a second hand one at the moment.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to link to a reply I made on another thread that is relevant here, but I don't know how, so I'll just copy and past it below:

This is the bane of ybr owners everywhere.

I had been having identical problems that kept getting worse until it didnt matter what temperature it was. Finally gave in and took it to a garage of bike enthusiasts. Even took them a couple of weeks to decide but in the end I coughed up the £250 for a new fuel pump! (you can buy a new friggin engine for that, but I could not find the part ANYWHERE but the main dealer.

Touch wood, the problem seems to have gone, but I still worry. The pump had been ceasing up, and the heat was making it worse, so it didnt seem to be anything to do with tank pressure or anything like that. The guys who looked at the bike said they had no idea why injection would be fitted to a 125, let alone any other bike. Their opinion seemed to be avoid injection if you can, it's just an uneccessary thing to go wrong.

On top of that, they were speaking with a guy from the local yam dealer and judging by the frame number stamp they reckon the bike is made largely in china under license from yamaha!? Either I have one unlucky lemon (its a 2007 ybr ED by the way) or this is a dissapointing venture from yamaha. I went for the yam to avaoid cheap chinese parts!

Whatever, that's my two cents. The pump is a widespread problem that a lot of yam dealers aren't ready to admit if you ask them, although I concede that replacing it for Bane77 was good under warranty, my warranty is long past. It makes me wonder why they wouldnt acknowledge the problem though as it meant extra money for the dealers.

• 4 weeks later...

i have this with my ybr iv had it a few month i leave it outside under a cover and even tho its cold some days it wont start up like theres no fuel i have taken it back to the shop i got it and they said i should leave it on the main stand but even if i do that sometimes it wont start

becoming a pain now

• 6 years later...
On 6/25/2011 at 7:36 PM, dblane79 said:

Hey peeps!

d

Just an Idea Check the pump first But if won't start when hot could be an electric problem or  Mixture But should be careful with this  if it runs to lean for too long it will seize up

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online