Membership Number

Battered
This post is 4661 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I joined last night and paid for Professional Membership, the payment has gone through but I have no confirmation of this on my profile or by email. I need a membership number for my insurance company and I can't ride my bike until it's sorted out.

Best regards

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I joined last night and paid for Professional Membership, the payment has gone through but I have no confirmation of this on my profile or by email. I need a membership number for my insurance company and I can't ride my bike until it's sorted out.

Best regards

Chris

How does being a member here affect your insurance Chris? Might it have been wiser to have joined the BMF as they are a long recognised club that fight for bikers interests...really this is just a forum

http://www.bmf.co.uk/home/index.php

It's for classic insurance, if I'm a member of an owners club it's a tad cheaper.

Thanks for the speedy reply :)

This is not an official, actual, proper, endorsed owners club. It is literally just a bunch of riders chatting together online.

This is not an official, actual, proper, endorsed owners club. It is literally just a bunch of riders chatting together online.

Yet...... B)

To get "a" number. Using Firefox.

Log in. Go to the bottom of the home page and it will show you you are online. Hover the mouse over your name and at the bottom left of the screen it will show a link. In this link is a number and this is your unique database membership number. It is not a professional membership number nor anything except how you are referenced on the forum database. It, technically, is your Yamaha Owners Club unique number.

I would use it with caution however, what is the difference between any other club and this one (It has club in the title) and you have paid your £10 so can show you are a "Professional" member of the club. If I started a club, got some cheap cards printed and wrote a membership number on it, would this be any different. Just make sure that they are not looking for any affiliations to a "recognised" club like, as mentioned, the BMF.

I would use it with caution however, what is the difference between any other club and this one (It has club in the title) and you have paid your £10 so can show you are a "Professional" member of the club.

1/. Ask a member of a Backpatch MC what the difference is between our motorcycle 'club' here and their Motorcycle Club (note capitalisation). :lol:

2/. Typically, an official, proper club will have a committee, meetings, accounts, registered addresses, AGMs and all that.

This is just an online forum, wherein the £10 supports it's running and admin.