Tail Bag for YBR 125

russmini
This post is 2610 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just bought THIS ONE.

Far from perfect, but still reasonable. I tried to mount on the bike. There is a velcro strap that is supposed to go under the seat, which is not very easy to be done on YBR125. I managed to fasten the bag to the tail luggage rack. I'll write more after the real test.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this goes back a few months but if I can recapture your interest, i'd be interested in better understanding how you've fitted this and how well it's gone. I've bought the same thing and i've fitted it permanently using the velcro strap under the seat (removed it to fit). Mine's a little forward of yours, not on the rack at all - a little too far really, causing me to be unable to sit back. The tail pack instructions are very clear about using both sets of 4 bungees. Maybe you have some mount points that I don't? I don't seem to have any below the seat. The only option that was available to me was to hook them from the bag, around the bottom (in front of indicators) and then hook to the luggage rack on the opposite side to get the tension - I did this for both the underbag ones and the ones to keep it down when loaded, e.g. 8 bungees crossed under. When tight they're no risk where they are, well clear of the wheel, but I've found one unhooked after a journey already, luckily not dangling, but it scared the hell out of me. I can't see it ending well if one of these hooked around the wheel at speed.

I'm inclined to think it would probably be fine with just the velcro which is quite substantial, but i'm an inexperienced rider so could do with some insight from others. I went this way after reading that boxes affect handling, but i'm starting to wish i'd just gone that route anyway.

I might be judging too quickly. Certainly yesterday everything stayed hooked up, and when doing the hooking it's very hard to see how any of them could become unhooked, but I suppose if my body pushes the bag around it might happen.

Any insight appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom.

Hi Tom

Here is a detailed view of the bike's tail. I fitted the velcro strap under the luggage rack. It's probably not as good as under the seat, but seemed to me sufficient. You can see the fitting points I have used to hook the bungees. These side rails look like standard part of the bike I wander why they are missing on your bike. I suppose you can mount the bag to the tail luggage rack only. However, I sold my YBR and can't take a close look for possible mounting points.

Regards

Georgi

Georgi,

Thanks for replying - sorry it took me a week to see it.

I'm a little bemused about my actual bike vs the manual. The luggage strap holders certainly appear to be standard and appear in my manual, although that section has been removed from the latest online manual. It's a little less disturbing than the fact that even that up to date manual tells me I have a kickstarter available to me, which just isn't there!

I've become more secure now with the tail bag and my cross-mounting - it's not going anywhere, though i'd still like to move it back a bit. I'm just not convinced that i'll be able to find a solution without the luggage strap holders. I'd add them but as far as I can see there's nowhere for them to go - it's plastic all the way under the seat. Although for bungees these are short, they're really too long to only extend just below the bottom of the bag. I'll have another look in a few weeks when I can be bothered to remove both side panels to lift the seat again :)

Cheers

Tom.

• 1 month later...

The luggage strap holders certainly appear to be standard and appear in my manual, although that section has been removed from the latest online manual. It's a little less disturbing than the fact that even that up to date manual tells me I have a kickstarter available to me, which just isn't there

Mine has no luggage straps under the seat. only the silver rack on the back.

Also, no kick starter.

2011 YBR 125

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online