removing xvs1300 handlebar grips

eggar
This post is 4664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, just bought some custom handlebar grips for my xvs1300,can anybody tell me how to get the standard ones off without damaging them ta.

hi

if you can, get a thin bladed screwdriver under them,lift them and squirt water and washing up liquid mixture underneath them,few twists to spread liquid and work of th bars.

cheers

mark.

Only left (clutch) is glued. Remove as above... if you would like pictures look HERE (it shows how to change handlebars but includes removing grips)

Which one's did you get? I swapped my handlebars to RSTD handlebars and put on Kury ISO grips.

Graham

I found a very easy way to remove grip. Take a thin stiff piece of wire and bend a crank shape in the end. Insert wire down grip and then turn wire, it will work round the bar and release the grip all the way round with no damage at all.

sneak into the bedroom and pinch your lass's hairdryer, gently warm the grip up and use a twisting movement , the heat will melt the glue

If it's anything like my 650, the right grip will also be glued, but to the throttle sleeve not the bar. Be careful when prising this one off in case you crack the sleeve.

If it's anything like my 650, the right grip will also be glued, but to the throttle sleeve not the bar. Be careful when prising this one off in case you crack the sleeve.

I think you're right - just remembered the Kury came with it's own throttle sleeve...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online