Fzs 600

chris1990
This post is 4397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello i have recently bought a fzs 600 on a t reg i need a few spare parts any websites you recoment to get parts from? also i have found my spedo does not work on the bike all other dials work apart from spedo just wondering if these bikes suffer with this or what should i check first thanks chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Chris,

My speedo stopped recently - it was the speedo sensor located at the front wheel, clutch side. Was around £18 from a Yammy dealer + easy to fit (front wheel off + it slots in just ensure plastic lugs are seated correctly then wheel back on [you may need to loosen brake capilers from forks to get wheel off])

As for parts, try Wemto.com

Hope this helps

Graham

Mines a 2001 so at a guess, yes...

You should see your speedo cable running down to your front wheel along with the brake hose. The speedo cable will then 'attach' to the wheel on the inside of the fork leg. When you take the speedo drive out and look at it, it will be (wheel side) a round plastic 'O' and should have two lugs/tabs sticking out. I bet one of them has snapped.

there's two links in this topic that will explain it better (posts 9 and 10).

• 9 months later...

Just joined YOC and would like to add my tuppence worth. Have had the same problem with my 2002 fzs600 and got a replacement sensor from Fowlers of Bristol for about £21 in Jan 2011. The original sensor was made of metal and the replacement was plastic - 2 types of plastic in 2 parts (probably glued - the main body & the collar with lugs attached). I was sceptical about how robust the new part would be and was proved correct, it packed up after 13 months. The body had split into 2 parts and was useless. Another new part ordered and when Fowlers were asked about a warranty for the new part they told me to get back to them if it fails within a year - but no promises. My point is that the original metal sensor failed after 8 years because the lugs sheared and the new plastic part lasted just over a year. So much for progress. I'll be keeping a close eye on the sensor this time. Has anyone had similar problems with these flimsy plastic parts?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online