Glitter spray job ?

aeroxmatt
This post is 4667 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im wondering on how to go about using glitter and spray paint cans for my aerox panels.

i have red glitter flakes that look the nuts, and the panels will be black so it would be red glitter on black.. but my question is....

Does anyone know what the best way to go about this is?? or has anyone tried it before with good or pony results ?

like black on first, then glitter on so it sticks to the sticky paint then layers of laquer? im not sure on this... i need to paint it on the cheapish side of things hence spray cans,so i can then sell it to fund something else with a turbo as im quite broke at the mo :\

but any help or advice will be brilliant :) thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

add glitter flakes + paint of your choice + lacquire (sp) + air compressor that allowed to to spray paint = glittery paint job

cheers kishan, but if i put the flakes on first and sprayed the black over them, wouldnt the flakes turn black bacause of the paint ?

you can get 2 pack paints in metalflake. there is a company in sheffield who does them.

very nice too

I'm in work ATM so havn't got the link.

Sounds like you want a Metalflake paint job, but can't aford it. Well, I'm afraid you get what you pay for. Do it yourself with rattle cans and glitter, it'll look like you made it in school for your mum! If you want to sell the bike to fund something else, spray cans are fine but for gods sake forget the glitter!

Sounds like you want a Metalflake paint job, but can't aford it. Well, I'm afraid you get what you pay for. Do it yourself with rattle cans and glitter, it'll look like you made it in school for your mum! If you want to sell the bike to fund something else, spray cans are fine but for gods sake forget the glitter!

haha yeah pretty much :) iv sprayed hundreds of pushbikes and a couple of car bonnets so i thought the whole bike would look nice in the glitter effect.. i never do a shite job tho always looks potent to me lol... my friends are telling me to lose the glitter too haha! but its different and u dont see aerox's with glitter paint lol not very often anyways..

no worries get some pics up of the bike and create a project post so we can see waht you gonna be doing and each process

il be puttin some pics up in the next couple of days, gonna get the paint tomorrow and have a go on 1 panel jus to see if the glitter effect makes me smile :) .. if not..il just go without glitter lol...

1 spray your bike the couler of your choice,

2 add sparkle / glitter to your clear coat / lacquer .

3 let it dry.

4 show your mates how feckin nice your ride is...B)

1 spray your bike the couler of your choice,

2 add sparkle / glitter to your clear coat / lacquer .

3 let it dry.

4 show your mates how feckin nice your ride is...B)

haha ! im only spraying it as its cheaper than new panels, and the current ones have marks and diff colours on them . red glitter flake on gloss black paint will look mad i hope :)

would u say it would be better to glitter it when the paint is still a bit sticky so it sticks,, or will the 4 or 5 layers of laquer hold it in place nicely ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online