I've got the Dt's !

chrisp
This post is 4636 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, after ages looking at other people's resto's, heres the story with mine.

The DT3 (1973 DT250 US import) i bought on a whim about 2 years ago as there was nothing about in the UK at the time.It was a complete wreck. Now of course there are a few dealers bringing in the bikes that everybody wants, but anyway i'm stuck with it now. Just about everything has had to come from the US or Asia, greatly adding to the cost of the resto overall. When its finished, hopefully this year (ha ha), it will be a rare and beautiful thing i hope. I've now found a garage very close to where i live in Berkshire, and at last can bring all my bikes and bits up from Sussex and get on with it.

The '76 DT400 C type 513 is a UK model, and bought for £500 as a more or less complete bike. Like the 250, i have found (eventually) some really hard to find parts....Andy at Yuniparts has been great in getting them copied at his factory and now he sells repro wiring looms, rubber bits and more, with handlebar switches for this particular model coming online soon. I'm leaving the 400 as is for now, until i finish the 250.

The DT175 '76 type 1G1 i bought as a 99% complete running bike for £800 a few weeks ago. Got a NOS rear mudguard and will give it a bit of TLC over the coming weeks with a view to getting it MOT'd

.DT250right.jpg

DT250left.jpg

DSCN1032.jpg

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

DSCN1026.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0684.jpg

KGrHqYOKpkE256jhjOHBN2SUk6CQ_121.jpg

KGrHqQOKp0E25kNthkNBN2SUv2MMQ_121.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice work Chris ;)

Buzzer

Havent done a lot yet, will get cracking soon!

Looks like your garage is a bit of an Aladins cave ! :) some nice old girls in there ,i would be like a pig in Sh 1 T :D

Buzzer

Hi criss " i remember when you bought all these gems,,,, i still have dt spares, , steel front fender, CDi, box for DT400, etc,,, ;)

Hi criss " i remember when you bought all these gems,,,, i still have dt spares, , steel front fender, CDi, box for DT400, etc,,, ;)

Hi john, i think i'm ok for those bits, really need an ignition switch though!

Glad to see ytou in last months CB with your kwacker....nice one!

Nice few projects there Chrisp, i have not long ago just finished restoring a DT1 and a DT360 and both where excellent projects now finished. Yep been there with ebay purchases from the states and paying the vat & postage charges but when you need the part theres no other way of getting the bits. Just restoring a 1969 DT1B and an XT500C at the moment but the XT is taking preference at the moment.

What colour are you doing the DT3 tank ?

TTB

Nice few projects there Chrisp, i have not long ago just finished restoring a DT1 and a DT360 and both where excellent projects now finished. Yep been there with ebay purchases from the states and paying the vat & postage charges but when you need the part theres no other way of getting the bits. Just restoring a 1969 DT1B and an XT500C at the moment but the XT is taking preference at the moment.

What colour are you doing the DT3 tank ?

TTB

Hi TTB,

The DT3 tank is competition green. I struck lucky (if my bank manager would call it that) and found a NOS tank in the US. Bought it for $600, just over £300 at the time....the tank that came with the bike was u/s so had to find something. It's been resprayed in the US by the business i bought it off and is stunning.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice bikes! Are they your cars in the photo's too. Is it a Rover p6 in the background of one photo?

I think the car your'e referring to is the green one with the white roof. It's a 1950's MG Magnette. I bought it when i was doing a course in vehicle restoration at college. Needless to say its nowhere near finished!

I think the car your'e referring to is the green one with the white roof. It's a 1950's MG Magnette. I bought it when i was doing a course in vehicle restoration at college. Needless to say its nowhere near finished!

No the one behind it!

No the one behind it!

Dolomite sprint?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online