Buzzy Diversion

shahrie
This post is 4676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

Got a late 2009 XJ6S Diversion which has been a great bike so far - currently at around 4000 miles. Had a service done a few weeks back for oil/filter change and general check-over which was all fine.

However ever since I've had the bike (for about a year), I've been getting an annoying buzzing at around 6000rpm in any gear - and believe it also vibrates when standing still (on side or main stand).

The buzzing is through the pegs and pretty much the whole frame - really bad causing numbness. Particularly annoying given 6k is cruising speed on the motorway in 6th!

Any ideas what it could be? Engine mounts? Chain tension (though would have thought this to be corrected in the service)?

And would it be covered under warranty?

Thanks! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ii think like many middle-sized 4 cylinder bikes, they do a tendency to be a bit buzzy. Check the footpeg mounts are correctly tightened-up. You could get the carbs balancing checked, might have some effect.

I just think it is a trait of this model. I never found it to be too much of an issue, the buzz-band being quite narrow so i just tend to ride around it.

If it really frustrates you may have to consider a different bike. :(

check the linky in my signature too.... :D

It shouldn't be causing enough buzz to cause numbness :blink: , if its started doing this after the service then get it back to them m8

oh have you noticed the linky in Pilningas's signature :rolleyes::lol:

My Fazer buzzes as exactly 6,000rpm as well. From what I've read most divvies and fazers do. It's almost exactly 70mph in 6th. Easy solution is to drop to 5th.

Thanks for the update guys - hasn't happened just after the service, was there before and I asked them to take a look but couldn't find anything wrong

I did try to search to see if this was a common problem but couldn't see any related threads

And thanks for the link, I'll use the right forum ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online