XV 125 Panniers

DE51GNZ
This post is 4696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a set of XV 125 pannier racks from Ebay, these are the genuine article, but they have no fitting instructions so i am lost as to how they fix.

I think i may have worked out that they bolt through the mudguard and then the pillion seat but if i place them, the holes line up but the indicators are in the way.

DSCF1005.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

It seems that in order to use them that the indicators need to be moved.

Anyone out there got similar and can light the way?

I dont mind moving the indicators to further around the mudguard, but this does mean i will need to extend the wiring as well. My only issue is, i must be missing something!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

See those rings at the back of the top rail, where it curves round?

That is where you relocate the indicators to.

You will likely need longer wires, but do check beforehand. There's sometimes quite a bit, as I found when I relocated my Drag indicators.

I expect your wires will have those little knobbed connectors shaped like a little willy, that fit into a socket inside a clear plastic sleeve.

Should be an easy enough switch-out - Just wire in short extension wires and remember which wires go where. Wrap a small tab of masking tape around each wire end and write notes on it - ie A to A, B to B etc...

Might also be worth running the new wiring through a conduit to help keep the water out.

Shout if you need further advice ;)

Propper Job!!!!!

Nice big saddlebags too, eh!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online