Do you need a front L plate.

Marc001
This post is 4701 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have L plates front and back. I have seen many bikes with only L plates on the rear of the bike. What does Mr Plod think about this, is it legal? or can i remove my front L plate? It'll look much nicer with it off.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yes both, you should have been told this when you went for your cbt

also those that 'cut' the l plates down are also breaking the law the plate must be full size and have all the white background still on it

What does Mr Plod think about this?

He'll think you're an 'orrible little scrote who needs pulling over and giving a good hassling. :lol:

Hello,

I have L plates front and back. I have seen many bikes with only L plates on the rear of the bike. What does Mr Plod think about this, is it legal? or can i remove my front L plate? It'll look much nicer with it off.

Thanks

Cost you points on your licence too, i got caught years ago parking on the path. Plod asked me if i wanted 2 points for the plates or 3 for the path. I took 2 (and the fine). Bastad then made sure i pushed it to the car park and waited for me to go into the garage and buy some plates.

I had the plates stashed under the seat cos i was taking my mate into town, couldn't really get em out after claiming the wind had blown them off.

mate of mine got pulled over and given 6 points for exactly that i think pc plod was is a really bad mood

i did get away with it for like 6 months but i had to put one back on as there is normally a big police presence at bike festivals ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online