XH6/diversion help needsd

eff1nutta
This post is 4673 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I've just bought a diversion screen for my xj6 (not a diversion)

I know it's meant to screw o to the fairing but I know there must be a way Of fitting it without having to manufacture a complicated bracket system and drilling holes into my clock dash etc

If anyone has any experience of fitting a divvy screen onto a naked xj6 I would be appreciative of any help

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope, you will have to make up a complicated mounting for it :mellow:

Nope, you will have to make up a complicated mounting for it :mellow:

+1, sadly you have baought a screen which integrates into a fairing rather than a flyscreen.

Package it back up and send it back.

Both your Yam dealer and Givi do a nice flyscreen for the unfaired XJ6N.

GL

ive designed a nice 'U' bracket which will bold onto the frame under the dash and connect with the screen, im really impressed with it!

all i have to do now is give it the DT guy at school and get him to manufacture it to the same spec.

re: the official flyscreen

it only has a small lip of a couple of inches, hardly worth over £100 and will hardly deflect much wind (in my opnion)

ive designed a nice 'U' bracket which will bold onto the frame under the dash and connect with the screen, im really impressed with it!

all i have to do now is give it the DT guy at school and get him to manufacture it to the same spec.

re: the official flyscreen

it only has a small lip of a couple of inches, hardly worth over £100 and will hardly deflect much wind (in my opnion)

Glad your DIY effort is working out.

I had the Yam flyscreen on my xj6n, it was very, very good at deflecting the wind over me (8 hour days on the autobahn/autostrada/m-way at 85mph bears testament to that). The quality of it however was not that good though.

I'm generally not into manufacturer accessories, but it was worth every penny.

My brackets are being manufactured as I speak (hopefully) and I'll be fitting them tonight, I'll test it on the motorway on the way to rivvy barn on Sunday !!

well ive fitted the bracket and attached the screen, im chuffed how cool it is

i took it onto the motorway to test and lets just say that its very stable and cuts through the air defleting the wind over me like it should... job done

if only i knew how to add a piccy!!

well ive fitted the bracket and attached the screen, im chuffed how cool it is

i took it onto the motorway to test and lets just say that its very stable and cuts through the air defleting the wind over me like it should... job done

if only i knew how to add a piccy!!

photobucket.com

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online