Hello

This post is 4702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all

I thought I just pop in and introduce myself to everybody, as you can probably gather by my profile name (JimYam13) my name is jimmy, I am yamaha biased and the number 13 well to cut a long story short, I have had a few lucky escapes on the 13th (no fault of my own).

I started my biking carrier in 2003 when I got my full motorbike licence, shortly after passing my test I bought myself a (please don’t laugh, I took quite a bit of stick from my mates for this one) XV535 Virago which turned out to be just about the best bike for me to start out on (not to powerful and not to weedy) and besides at just £1250 you can’t really complain.

After owning this bike for three years I lusted after something a bit more agile and powerful (got a bit sick and tired of being left in everybody’s dust) so in 2006 I went to my local dealers and part exchanged my virago for a YZF R6 (06 model) which.... what can you say it was a bit like riding a two wheeled scalpel (I thought so anyway), I had this bike for a further three years and decided to get something a bit bigger.

Again part exchanged my R6 for a (drum roll please........................................... yep you guessed it) R1 which I still get a kick out of every time I open up the garage door.

Many regards to all who read this, sorry if it was a bit long winded.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC Jim,

I can well understand what you mean about just looking at the R1.

I originally wanted an R1, but a couple of knocks in the car last year made the insurance premium prohibitive.

So I've settled on an '02 R6 (there are a few pictures in the Gallery). I still love it to bits, and also can't help standing and staring each time I go in the garage. Maybe an R1 in a few years :D

Anyway, enjoy your time on here.

Regards