Hello - Newbie here to the forum

Voxy
This post is 4693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

There is an incredible amount of knowledge on here and a good online community. So I just had to join!

I have just recently passed my CBT back in March and I haven't looked back since! I am an owner of a 2001 Dragstar (XVS125) which has been great fun to learn on albeit it sometimes tricky to perfect U-turns!! I have my theory test next Thursday so I am looking to take on the practical tests soon. However, at this time I need more experience on a bike and the roads before that. I am based in North London so I am learning fast!

Nice to meet you all!

Ben

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ben, welcome along, good luck with the tests, should be no problem for a inteligent bloke such as yourself!

Being based in North London, do your best to survive in all that traffic and try to get out of the city and enjoy riding, it's a lot more fun when you're not constantly in a battle :ph34r:

Welcome along B)

Good luck with test

I agree,,,,head for the country you will enjoy it much more

Welcome and good luck with the test

TDMalcolm

Hi Ben and welcome to the 'ward' :huh:

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind welcomes. I just thought I'd follow it up with the news that I passed my theory test!

I was thinking before I start to get lessons for the practical tests I just wondered if anyone could recommend any books that can help on improving riding skills? Also can anyone give some tips on pefecting U-turns/tight turns? I've kinda got it, but think I'm not using the right technique especially after watching this!!:

I didn't think it was possible for bikes of that size to turn like that! Amamzing!

Thanks!

Hi Ben, welcome along, good luck with the tests, should be no problem for a inteligent bloke such as yourself!

Being based in North London, do your best to survive in all that traffic and try to get out of the city and enjoy riding, it's a lot more fun when you're not constantly in a battle :ph34r:

I can't wait to get out of the city to ride! Although I kind of feel trapped within the M25 at the moment with my L plates on :( I will take your advice for sure! Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks for your kind welcomes. I just thought I'd follow it up with the news that I passed my theory test!

I was thinking before I start to get lessons for the practical tests I just wondered if anyone could recommend any books that can help on improving riding skills? Also can anyone give some tips on pefecting U-turns/tight turns? I've kinda got it, but think I'm not using the right technique especially after watching this!!:

I didn't think it was possible for bikes of that size to turn like that! Amamzing!

Thanks!

well done on the theory Voxy, tight turns and U turns I was crap at also til my instructor told me to sit bolt upright (use your back and stomach muscles) and keep your chin level with the road (upright) ;) , best of luck :)

There is an incredible amount of knowledge on here and a good online community. So I just had to join!

By now you would have realised you have been misled :lol:

Hi all,

I was thinking before I start to get lessons for the practical tests I just wondered if anyone could recommend any books that can help on improving riding skills?

Well done and no books.........................miles and practice are what count.

I can't wait to get out of the city to ride! Although I kind of feel trapped within the M25 at the moment with my L plates on :( I will take your advice for sure! Thanks

Around the north circ, up the A10 then on, to just before Epping, to high beach for a tea. Lots of bikes there and is just the other side of the M25.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online