Problems with RST clothing

Ally R
This post is 4678 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All,

I was looking to see if anyone else has been having massive problems with the RST line of clothes. Currently I owe:

RST leather touring jacket (never had any problems with it apart from weighing a ton)

RST Raptor textile Jacket - The seam has come away at the elbow after only 6 months of having it

RST Enduro textile Jeans - The seam split at the ankle and the velcro on the pocket at the sides came away.

Saying that I've managed to get both textiles replaced without much hassle from Sportsbikeshop who were pretty damn awesome with their Customer service.

I got the feeling that RST doesn't really stand up to hard biking, for instance I ride all weathers pretty much everyday (except snow).

I'm thinking of switching over my textiles to Spada, but I don't really want to be having the same problems 6 months down the line with them.

Any ideas or similar issues with RST??

Cheers

Ally

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep.

I have a fusion leather jacket which is great. I have a pair of fabric Rift trousers that split in 3 places. and a pair of half leather half fabric trousers that are ripped in the lining at the gusset.

I contacted George White who I got the Rift trousers from and they said they had to send them back to RST which would have left me without a pair of usable trousers. I know that my contract was with the seller but I contacted RST anyway but got no reply.

I wouldn't buy the brand again except if it was hugely discounted. I like Weise at the moment. very undervalued.

Spada and Richa are good for the money, sounds like RST are having quality issues :huh:

Spada and Richa are good for the money, sounds like RST are having quality issues :huh:

+1

I have a pair of Spada gloves and Richa trousers which are both great.

+1 on the Spada, have there textiles for the winter weather, still doing good 2 years on,,, nice and cosey for the cold.

Before i got my leathers i was tryin on RST gear,,,,,,i didnt buy cause they were not comfortable and didnt even seem to fit propperly,,,,one shoulder lower that the other,,,,Zip was running sidways down the front, and the trousers were just horabile.

I put them back on hanger and was never so glad i did.

I have Scot leathers now and they are great.

That be my 2 cent worth ;)

............Before i got my leathers i was tryin on RST gear,,,,,,i didnt buy cause they were not comfortable and didnt even seem to fit propperly,,,,one shoulder lower that the other..............

You sure that's not you Pat? :lol:

Bought an RST textile jacket about two years ago. Both inner & outer zips eventually broke. Fortunately a friend of mine recommended someone who was able to repair the jacket. I,d think long & hard before buying an RST product again....

Thanks folks. I'd spotted the Black Camo Spada jacket and jeans and after a bit of begging Sports bike agreed to exchanging my RST jacket for the Spada 2 piece and let me makeup the difference. It's coming tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. I've got Spada racing gloves already and they've been pretty ace.

I have to agree I really like the Weiss stuff. I got their catalogue through the door and although the prices would mean I'd have to save for a few months I'd be really happy with the look of them.

It's going on the list of things I would like to have. Thinking a Scot Oiler is probably top of my list.

I have hein Gericke textile Jacket and pants. I think they are great. Really nice and cozy and i'vbeen riding in some shitty weather the last few months. Only problem is with the weather getting warm i'm starting to over heat in them.

Will need to get some summer riding clothes.

I sat in a MRI meeting today with my Richa trousers and a pair of boots on. Not nice but I couldn't be bothered to change for the sake of an hour and a half.

I only wear Frank Thomas gear so far I have had

2 piece Leather suit

Summer gloves

Pair of winter boots

Pair of summer boots

2 piece textile suit

Textile jacket

Out of all this gear the only prob I've had is the Velcro tab on my textile jacket. Coming loose and need stitching up

That's pretty good considering I ride in all weather 5 days a week to work and also go on holidays and ride outs on my bike

I'm pretty tough on my gear and I'm really happy how it stands up to it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online