'78 Suzuki TS250C project

DirtyDT
This post is 3398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good news on the pass.

Feel your pain on the wifey wants. I have a 8by 18' patch of , well mess tbh and she wants a feature making of it. She wont accept a 8 by 18 shed as a feature.

Go figure?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers Cynic.

My other half is fine with the bikes. 3 now sitting in the garden - including 2 projects - and one on the drive. She is even happy for me to have a 20 x 10 workshop in the garden if I want it but I want need easier access to get the bikes in and out.

Good news on the pass.

Feel your pain on the wifey wants. I have a 8by 18' patch of , well mess tbh and she wants a feature making of it. She wont accept a 8 by 18 shed as a feature.

Go figure?

say you'll build a log cabin, that should be a goer

To be honest I did look at the 5m x 3.5m one of these LINKY.

But when we move I would like a garage (or double), easy access and possibly one of the above anyway.

House who needs a house when you have a garage/man den only time I spend in the house is to eat, shower,crap and sleep,same when I go visit buddies we always end up in the garage thats where all the cool stuf goes on .

After my divorce the only thing I cared about when picking out a house was the size of the garage and it's half the size of the house attached to the kitchen.Right handy for grabing a bit to eat or a cold beer..The old house I put a ramp into the basment and had a 30x60 shop didn't go well with the x when i used to run bikes and wake the baby :eusa_whistle:

So get on that new garage hunt your suffering and so are your bikes,it's just not right a grown man with no garage :eusa_snooty: ,it's criminal :biglaugha:

I had to take some pictures for the new insurance so I thought I would share 2 with you. So here the bike looked on the weekend:

ts20131.JPG

ts20132.JPG

Looks sweet" i was out on TS250 tonight, and in town a KTM 125 supermoto tailed me , So when we got to the end of 30mph limits

I nailed it .. left him fair bit behind, ... :jossun: i was surprized, as he was blurting his 4 stroke up behind as we were trapped behind a bus.

looks good and I know that the tail light is correct but realy it belongs on a busLOL ,,,GPS on the bar?

Thanks guys

very nice mate, really I should do this too ...by that I mean agreed value,

The TS is insured for £3.5k. If it got wrecked I might just about get my cash back.

looks good and I know that the tail light is correct but realy it belongs on a busLOL ,,,GPS on the bar?

It is a GPS bag that I put on to test but it is a bit cr4p really. I need to do some work on it.

I can't argue with the comment on the rear light. 'Tis a big old beast.

ts20133.JPG

Ok now I'm more confused than ever you say 22miles to any piont roughley how the hell can you get lost? I''ve never had a gps on the bike,sure got it on the cell ( mobile)and could if needed use it but ,NSEW don't change the sun rises and falls in the same direction.

If you go right,,,, then turn right ,,,then right you will end up back where you started right?

if I am going to a new place I use a sammie bag and tape it to the bike ,,,,the days before I want to go I just sit with a map and write down the roads #s in order on a small piec of paper,kinda rally style .

Also I find everytime someone want's to follow the gps they take the long way as the gps only count's miles and caculates the direction/distance by that.Thats fine but it dosen't caculate traffic ,,,stop lights ect.. I can run back roads and weave my way around city's and get somewhere faster and not have to deal with cityiots who,, for the most part,, don't realy know how to drive. Is the Uk so cram packed it would be impossible to avoid city's?

I would think that the bag on the bar end would cause problems in the wind,personaly I would make a aluminum bracket that mounted to the bar clamps if I were going to run a gps then it`s central easy to look at and use it for the speedo.

Not sure where the 22 miles comes from. It is about 22 miles each way for my daily commute, if I go to the furthest campus.

The satnav bag is for squires.If the plan holds and I swing by Grantham then on to Squires then it will be handy. Especially as we will have to stay off any motorways.

I used to use maps, and never had any major issues. Thousands of European miles done like that. Last year I had the satnav in the map pocket of the tank bag but it wasn't ideal due to the sun reflections on it. That said I have been tinkering today and the satnav bag is really bugging me. I think I am going back to taking it off and using the satnav in the map pocket.

• 7 months later...

More coming on this bike once RD-1 has been tinkered with. It is still insured, MOT'ed and taxed but the plan is to finally sort out the battery overcharging (possible 12v conversion, annual exhaust paint and general tidy.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

One RD400 project sold. The TS is now back as my number one project for 2015 with the YA-6 following.

A couple of bits ordered and I need to sort out the overcharging - possible 12v conversion - and get the carb spot on. I have the original engine in bits and I may get a chance to rebuild this (loads of parts already brought for the engine rebuild a year or so ago) so I have bumped this to the top of the projects list.

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Aye newman" too many projects, your Ts is a good bike,,,my TS [ in new hands] Has been fully restored. I will take pictures when finished, my mates thrown a lot of money at it,, :yeah:

Dunno why? but I'm glad the TS is back in favour

Cheers Paul. Have you sorted the overheating on the DT?

Aye newman" too many projects, your Ts is a good bike,,,my TS [ in new hands] Has been fully restored. I will take pictures when finished, my mates thrown a lot of money at it,, :yeah:

Much to many John. Pic's of your old TS would be good. I hope the DT is OK?