'78 Suzuki TS250C project

DirtyDT
This post is 3397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DD have you noticed that stuff from Germany on Ebay is bloody dear these days, got my clocks from there a few years ago and was lucky in MPH, also a good few years ago got a bucket full of DT bits rom Germany for a very good price is it the Euro ????

Like I said every time I look at the TS pic on your page takes me back to 1978 :lol:

Some German stuff is expensive but there are still some bargains to be had. I brought some DT clocks there, in MPH, for virtually nothing and they were going for £130 here. I got a NOS head for the TS for peanuts from German ebay and to be honest I have never had a problem with anything I have brought from there (I just hope the SV speedo rotor works now) :unsure: .

The problem is that idiots people will buy loads of crap. As an example have a look HERE breakers want more for a used speedo cable than you can buy a new pattern part for. How does that work?

I had a GT250 ramair in 1978 but I can't wait to get the TS on the road TBH. :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Some German stuff is expensive but there are still some bargains to be had. I brought some DT clocks there, in MPH, for virtually nothing and they were going for £130 here. I got a NOS head for the TS for peanuts from German ebay and to be honest I have never had a problem with anything I have brought from there (I just hope the SV speedo rotor works now) :unsure: .

The problem is that idiots people will buy loads of crap. As an example have a look HERE breakers want more for a used speedo cable than you can buy a new pattern part for. How does that work?

I had a GT250 ramair in 1978 but I can't wait to get the TS on the road TBH. :D

DD my mate had a Ram Air think it was a 500/350/400 ?? not sure about that, but he was mad on that bike ,I had a X7 at the same time and was a very naughty boy on that LOL, yeh i Know what you mean dick heads seen a side panel for 175 MX on US ebay $69.00 S/h I was thinking about guy who posted a want on this site for 1, am sure you could get 2 from Asia for that.

all the best off to bed its bloody 9.00 in the morning

Phil B)

• 2 weeks later...

Not much happening on the TS front at the moment. My latest box of spares have arrived and this is what was in it.

parts.jpg

I do need to get moving on the restore but work and family have kept me too busy the last few weeks. However, the swingarm is now off.

Not much happening on the TS front at the moment. My latest box of spares have arrived and this is what was in it.

parts.jpg

I do need to get moving on the restore but work and family have kept me too busy the last few weeks. However, the swingarm is now off.

should have gone to Uttoxeter today, loads of suzi spares there!

I haven't had time to to much recently Drewps. I met up with one of my sons and his wife yesterday, had lunch, then home. It took most of the day.

Uttoxeter is only an hour from me but I spent 3 hours in the car yesterday.

Maybe next year.

• 4 weeks later...

The Suzi is looking like this at the moment

frame.jpg

I have been buying and pricing parts. Sent an email to Crooks Classic Parts on Friday with a list of swingarm bits I need. I haven't heard back yet so I will call them on Monday.

I have managed to get a few other bits. The best bits so far this weekend......... the top part of the wiring loom. NOS and £25 - bargain. The loom is in 2 parts; headlight to engine and; engine to tail light and this is the biggest part. Also a genuine Suzi gasket set for £26. Really pleased about these as I have never seen a secondhand loom in this country, let alone a NOS one.

The Suzi is looking like this at the moment

frame.jpg

I have been buying and pricing parts. Sent an email to Crooks Classic Parts on Friday with a list of swingarm bits I need. I haven't heard back yet so I will call them on Monday.

I have managed to get a few other bits. The best bits so far this weekend......... the top part of the wiring loom. NOS and £25 - bargain. The loom is in 2 parts; headlight to engine and; engine to tail light and this is the biggest part. Also a genuine Suzi gasket set for £26. Really pleased about these as I have never seen a secondhand loom in this country, let alone a NOS one.

I like these 70's TS bikes. Glad to see parts prices seem to be more reasonable than the DT's. Hopefully I'll have the 175 up and running soon....

I like these 70's TS bikes. Glad to see parts prices seem to be more reasonable than the DT's. Hopefully I'll have the 175 up and running soon....

Its the opposite to be honest as far as DT175's are concerned, not sure about the 250's or 400's. Some parts are like hens teeth. The good thing about the DT175's is that there are loads of pattern parts which you can use until a NOS one comes along. Not so with the TS <_< .

Its the opposite to be honest as far as DT175's are concerned, not sure about the 250's or 400's. Some parts are like hens teeth. The good thing about the DT175's is that there are loads of pattern parts which you can use until a NOS one comes along. Not so with the TS <_< .

Some parts are indeed like hen's teeth, and when you do find them its silly money (i paid £170 for a NOS l/h handlebar switch). The main problem is that a lot of the parts are country specific, particularly electrical bits. I've never seen an ignition switch, for instance, though i'm considering having a batch made as i have one off the 175, and its the same as the 125, 250 and 400 models too. Andrew at Yuniparts now has a stock of wiring looms and lots of other hard to find parts made (l/h handlebar switches coming soon, i think)so life will get a little easier. Must become a paid up member here so i can beg for parts!

Some parts are indeed like hen's teeth, and when you do find them its silly money (i paid £170 for a NOS l/h handlebar switch). The main problem is that a lot of the parts are country specific, particularly electrical bits. I've never seen an ignition switch, for instance, though i'm considering having a batch made as i have one off the 175, and its the same as the 125, 250 and 400 models too. Andrew at Yuniparts now has a stock of wiring looms and lots of other hard to find parts made (l/h handlebar switches coming soon, i think)so life will get a little easier. Must become a paid up member here so i can beg for parts!

Have you tried US evilbay? LINKY

Lots of little packets dropping through the letterbox this week;

NOS main wiring loom - soft as butter.

Spacer for the swingarm

Battery and acid pack - Cheap at Busters via evilbay, about £11 with the acid and free postage :D

Head bearings - both sets and dust caps

NOS gasket set

I also have just ordered the rest of the swingarm stuff as I had to cut the old one out.

Like a kid at chrismas haha :rolleyes:

My loving partner did text a similar thing to me during the week when the packets started to arrive :mellow:.

a tour of north devon with some VJMC members, meet south molton , too torrington lunch at hartland quay , a quick raid over the border to bude for fuel , holsworthy, torrington they headed back to somerset and wales i went home via bideford

here are a few pics

south molton

P7310218a.jpg?t=1312140144

torrington first ime

P7310221a.jpg

3 beautiful KH,s

P7310224a.jpg

Hartland quay

P7310229a.jpg

P7310231a.jpg

torrington round 2

the misbehaving Gt380

P7310236a.jpg

P7310232a.jpg

I was out last sunday with the owner of these 2 well he only has the chrome muddy one now he lives not far from me

suzukits010.jpg

They are beaut's Merv. Earlier than mine and in er......... slightly better condition, at least for the time being ;):D .

Funny, but looking at the other pics, the GT isn't doing anything for me. I have ridden a few. The KH's though....................... taking me back to when I had the GT250 and wanted the KH triple. They are still calling me, the same at the TS does.

They are beaut's Merv. Earlier than mine and in er......... slightly better condition, at least for the time being ;):D .

Funny, but looking at the other pics, the GT isn't doing anything for me. I have ridden a few. The KH's though....................... taking me back to when I had the GT250 and wanted the KH triple. They are still calling me, the same at the TS does.

As someone who went from a 250 ram air to the KH, there wasn't much to choose between them in fun factor, the KH was a tad faster thats all ;)

As someone who went from a 250 ram air to the KH, there wasn't much to choose between them in fun factor, the KH was a tad faster thats all ;)

Morning Nev!

I know, I had the ramair on an "M plate". But that is with hindsight and a more mature head on.

Triple Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

GT380 was the only bike that playedup dropeed onto 2 cylinders and spark plug would not budge, he rode it home like it . It used a whole tank of fuel in 65 miles :(